cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left controller used to fly away sometimes but not all the times, Right controller now has it.

VrRiftTime
Explorer

Hello, My Right controller is not working, It is flying away and staying there the only thing I can do are buttons and rotate, I cant play most VR Games, cause I'm forced to be left handed and alot of games dont have that, and you mostly need both controllers, The left controller used to not work but now it kinda moves away a bit but barely noticeable, I have to move my right controller enough or else it will float away and get stuck.

Do you know how to fix this?

Note: These fixs dont work

Replacing Batteries

Unpair then repair

factory reset

swapping the batterys

hand tracking then go back to controllers

And no it isnt my camera cause hand tracking works fine.

(Device quest 1)

15 REPLIES 15

PITTCANNA
Visionary

@VrRiftTime wrote:

Hello, My Right controller is not working, It is flying away and staying there the only thing I can do are buttons and rotate, I cant play most VR Games, cause I'm forced to be left handed and alot of games dont have that, and you mostly need both controllers, The left controller used to not work but now it kinda moves away a bit but barely noticeable, I have to move my right controller enough or else it will float away and get stuck.

Do you know how to fix this?

Note: These fixs dont work

Replacing Batteries

Unpair then repair

factory reset

swapping the batterys

hand tracking then go back to controllers

And no it isnt my camera cause hand tracking works fine.

(Device quest 1)

Its a battery contact issue in the controllers i had this problem alot but it adjust the springs and reseat the batterie's it will correct itself.

it was corrected for the quest 2.

Pixie40
Expert Trustee

In my experience there's two situations where this can happen with the Quest 1. The first is when the batteries get low. It would start at around 30% charge for me. Might be a battery contact issue, don't know. For me at least putting in fresh batteries would always fix the issue if this was the case. The other time was when my play space had gotten too dark to properly track the touch controllers. That mostly happened when I'd spent an extended period of time in VR and the sun had started going down without me noticing. Thus a room which had previously had ample light was now getting dark. The fix here was generally to turn on the lights. Of course, when both issues cropped up at once it was rather annoying.

Lo, a quest! I seek the threads of my future in the seeds of the past.

I tried replying but it made me sign in.

The right controller is always on 100% it lowers slowy unlike the left controller which is normal

But the the controller never turns off i can still rotate and press buttons when it stops tracking.

AstroDuke
Honored Guest

We are having the same issues with our right controller. None of the solutions shown here work. Has anyone found a fix for this problem?

they dont work for me either, i acidently pressed solved, and i don't know how to get rid of it. i've found nothing on reddit, here, etc.

Hey VrRiftTime, we wanted to jump in and see if we can offer some assistance with this. Would you mind sharing a bit of information so we can try to get to the root of this issue?

• Have you tried turning off hand tracking? (To do so go to Settings > Hands and Controllers > Toggle “Hand Tracking” off. )
  • Have you tried turning off all experimental features?
  • Have you cleaned the sensors on your headset, using something like a micro-fiber cloth? 

We look forward to hearing back from you so that we can get to the bottom of this with you!  

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hey there, if you still need assistance, please let us know. We're here for you!

Also, you can click here to create a ticket. You can let our support team know what's been happening, and all that you've tried so far to get this to work for you.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hand tracking works fine, so i don't see how the trackers could be the problem, the headset trackers, even after updates it still happens, and it still kinda happens to the left but barely and it always comes back after like 2.5 seconds or if moved im pretty sure, But the right controller just flys out of action straight away