cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lines across the screen

Grim46421
Honored Guest

I had multiple lines across the screen and they are all different colors it looked like a cctv monitor static and I was running it for hours so Idk if it was that or something else 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hey tylersig! It appears that your headset is granting you with a display hard mode, so we'd like to help get your display back to a working condition! We know it's not ideal for VR when you can't even see what's happening. So we'll look into this alongside you, and try to swiftly fix the issue!

At this time, we'd like to invite you to contact our support team directly, and one of our ecstatic agents will help you towards a VR-rific resolution! You can take photos of your display as well, so the agent that guides you can facilitate the process! To take a photo of the display screen in your device, you will need to block the proximity sensor inside your headset in order for the display to turn on.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

38 REPLIES 38

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, sorry to hear about the display issue,  can you please contact us here and we will gladly help you in resolving the issue.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

BrunelFamily
Honored Guest

I just had the same issue. I immediately googled it (there are many other search engines). Could find anything for self help. So I took it upon myself to fix it, I held the power button and volume up button in for 10 seconds. The screen went black and the green Android dude popped on screen with an red triangle and had the words no command so I then pressed the power button in for a couple of seconds the thing powered on as normal, my profile login asked me to sign back in and it was all working fine. This worked for me and may not work for everyone. This is not an official way of fixing the issue or recommend it. Please do so at your own risk. I HOLD NO RESPONSIBILITY TO ANY DAMAGES TO YOUR OWN DEVICES.

tylersig
Explorer

I am having the exact same issue.

This factory reset did not solve this problem for me.

Hey tylersig! It appears that your headset is granting you with a display hard mode, so we'd like to help get your display back to a working condition! We know it's not ideal for VR when you can't even see what's happening. So we'll look into this alongside you, and try to swiftly fix the issue!

At this time, we'd like to invite you to contact our support team directly, and one of our ecstatic agents will help you towards a VR-rific resolution! You can take photos of your display as well, so the agent that guides you can facilitate the process! To take a photo of the display screen in your device, you will need to block the proximity sensor inside your headset in order for the display to turn on.

VRSEB72
Expert Protege

Hi. Does the problem is as mentioned in this thread ?

https://www.reddit.com/r/OculusQuest/comments/jgyq4p/do_you_notice_these_faint_horizontal_lines_afte...

My new 128 GB headset is affected by this issue.

Thanks to the Oculus support team, I got a new one... but it's also affected.

My old 64 GB was not affected.

tylersig
Explorer

Yes, it looked very similar to that.  Then, few days later the screen went completely black.  I had to get a new one.

VRSEB72
Expert Protege

I found two others screenshots which show what we see :

20220922_120124.jpg

 please help