cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link Lags when play with OBS

Awangl
Honored Guest

After updating to version 42, when playing through a link, it doesn’t matter whether it’s AirLink or a wired link, what are the settings, bitrate, screen frequency, resolution, it doesn’t matter, but there are very unpleasant and constant lags, ONLY when OBS is on, I attach a video https://youtu.be/nvhtsa2u4Bs

And a couple of timecodes of these lags: 0:54, 1:32, 1:38, 1:55 (when i swing, lags on the sabers, its looks similar in HMD) 2:08, 2:25, 2:29, 2:35, 2:45, 2:49, 3:30, 3:39, 3:49, 4:00 etc.

as you can see from the video, everything is perfect in the game on the PC, 0 lags, 0 problems, but on the broadcast from the quest, everything is very deplorable, and in the HMD itself its looks even WORSE 😫

in addition to this, the fps does not rise above 40 frames according to the sensations, sometimes even lower, but I can’t show it, since the quest broadcasts and records video only in 30 frames... Lags in ANY game, no only Beat Saber

4 REPLIES 4

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Awangl,

Thank you for finding is in Your Community to ask this question. We definitely want you to experience VR with an adequate number of frames per second, and we're here to make sure you get the kind of assistance that works best for you!

We recommend the following steps to help you with your FPS issue:

1. Report Software Issue to Our Developers 
  2. Check for an Update [Your] Meta Quest 2 [ . . . ] Software 
  3. Reset [Your] Graphics Preferences to Default
  4. Move your router closer to the where the headset is being used.
  5. Unplug your router, wait for 1 full minute, and connect it a power source again.
  6. Try using the headset in standalone mode first. Then, try using your Quest 2 + Link setup. Afterwards, make a record of the results for both modes.

If you are still running into issues in either mode, please reach out to Your Meta Quest Support Team, who will be ready to assist you via any of the available contact options you prefer!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Awangl,

We're just checking in to see if you were able to get your headset to run smoother with the right number of frames per second. Did the FPS troubleshooting steps we provided help or were you able to create a ticket with Support

If the steps we recommended above didn't resolve the display issue, you will likely want to factory reset your Quest 2 after enabling cloud backup.

Feel free to keep us posted with any updates! We want to help ensure that your experience in VR is as magical as possible!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

that the methods above, that this one didn’t help, except that the game is native, since it doesn’t make sense, I want to stream what I play, without streaming everything is perfect, I hope this will be fixed in update 43, since it started with version 39 and does not stop. I already created a ticket for a similar problem, and sent logs, so I think this is not required, since the errors in the console are the same as on versions 39,40 and 41 😒

Hey there @Awangl,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop, and for letting us know what the troubleshooting results are so far! We looked into the issue a little, and we now have the knowledge you seek. Let's get you armed with information!

It appears that this has been a known issue for a number of people with OBS Studio. You can find more on their website about handling frame dropping issues as well as issues with poor-quality streaming. You need look no further than their FAQ section! If you feel like sharing your success, we'd also love to know what their product support agents recommend and what worked for you!