cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link not working??

Nextus
Explorer
I don't know if this is the proper place to post this but I'm getting an error on the Oculus Software that says to restart my PC or contact Oculus Support. My Quest gets a popup to enable Link and I hit enable but it just takes me back to the Quest home screen. I have a 1050ti and I've seen people who have it that said it works fine. Everything in the devices tab is green so it should work.
40 REPLIES 40

chkev2001
Explorer
I have the same issue, too.
I have i5 with RTX2080, and I use type C to USB A 3.1 gen1 3m cable, but it does not work....

My Quest gets a popup to enable link and i hit enable but it just take me back to the Quest home screen,
Everything in the devices tab is green, so it should work.....

However I notice that when I hit enable button, Quest will be disconnected then reconnect again...
I think this causes the problem....it seems that when quest starts data transfer, it will cause Quest to disconnect, and reconnect agin....
so it keep popup the "asking enable link" message again and again,.... 

I try disable PTC, but that does not help,... and also turn off the Geforce Experence Overlay, and still have problem....
I also try re-install Oculus PC app, and factory reset my Quest, and with no luck, does not work....
I update Quest to v11, and keep Oculus PC app to version 1.43.0, and update my PC's drivers to the newest version.
and the link just does not work....   😞

someone says that I should test Quest in Roomscale, and I did try that too, that does not fix the problem.....
even now, I am still trying to make my Quest link work.....and that's why I am asking for help here...

chkev2001
Explorer
I have i5 with RTX2080, and I use type C to USB A 3.1 gen1 3m cable, but it does not work....

My Quest gets a popup to enable link and i hit enable but it just take me back to the Quest home screen,

However I notice that when I hit enable button, Quest will be disconnected then reconnect again...
I think this causes the problem....it seems that when quest starts data transfer, it will cause Quest to disconnect, and reconnect agin....

I try disable PTC, but that does not help,... and also turn off the Geforce Experence Overlay, and still have problem....
I also try re-install Oculus PC app, and factory reset my Quest, and with no luck, does not work....
I update Quest to v11, and keep Oculus PC app to version 1.43.0, and update my PC's drivers to the newest version.
someone says that I should test Quest in Roomscale, and I did try that too, it does not fix the problem..

even now, I am still trying to make my Quest link to work, and that's why I am asking help here.....

=====================================================================================
2019/Nov/25 updated
=====================================================================================
I have a usb 3.0 hub with external power, and I connect this hub to my computer, then use the port of hub with my cord, and it works!!! Yes!! it works!!  🙂

now I can play PCVR games with my Quest!! Yes!!
just leave this message for others, so they can share my experience, and maybe that may help someone who have the similar issue?!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I just had this issue...disabled Geforce Experience Overlay, and set Vertical Sync to 'use 3D application settings'. After that, I was still getting the loop around, but I had a 90 degree extension adapter plugged into the Quest's usb port, with the 10' Anker cable connected to that. I found that without the adapter, with the Anker cable plugged directly into the Quest, I had a solid connection. I then found that swapping the cable from the motherboard's usb 3.0 port to my Startech usb 3.0 pci-e card, I was then able to reattach the 90 degree extension adapter, then still have a solid connection. I guess it came down to power.

g7584ejyc713.jpg

Nextus
Explorer

chkev2001 said:

someone says that I should test Quest in Roomscale, and I did try that too, it does not fix the problem..

even now, I am still trying to make my Quest link to work, and that's why I am asking help here.....

2019/Nov/25 updated
I have a usb 3.0 hub with external power, and I connect this hub to my computer, then use the port of hub with my cord, and it works!!! Yes!! it works!!  🙂

just leave this message for others, so they can share my experience, and maybe that may help someone who have the similar issue?!

which usb hub do you use? I wanna make sure I get one that will work. Glad to hear you got it working! 🙂

chkev2001
Explorer

Nextus said:

chkev2001 said:

2019/Nov/25 updated

which usb hub do you use? I wanna make sure I get one that will work. Glad to hear you got it working! 🙂

a1l9fi184ykz.jpg
l21z4c98po0k.jpg

VANTEC USB HUB 4-PORT SUPERSPEED 3.0 UGT-MH431U3-BK
I got this usb 3.0 hub several years ago, it's package does not include the power adapter....
However, it has a power sucket, that alow it to input external power. 

It works for me, surprisingly!

Anonymous
Not applicable

chkev2001 said:

Nextus said:

chkev2001 said:

2019/Nov/25 updated

a1l9fi184ykz.jpg
l21z4c98po0k.jpg

VANTEC USB HUB 4-PORT SUPERSPEED 3.0 UGT-MH431U3-BK
I got this usb 3.0 hub several years ago, it's package does not include the power adapter....
However, it has a power sucket, that alow it to input external power. 

It works for me, surprisingly!

I was just thinking of a powered hub as the 900mA that the onboard 3.0 port supplies isn't enough to keep the headset charged. Not even my Startech 4-port pci-e card. But with a powered hub, it should give enough amperage to keep the internal battery topped up. Just need to find a hub that outputs enough to increase the current closer to 3A.

Anonymous
Not applicable
My Link is now working fine, but never could get it to run through a powered USB 3 Hub. Oculus kept saying it was not USB3 when plugged into it.

I have it running great now though on my motherboard front panel USB 3.1 port.

Nextus
Explorer
I got a USB hub with external power but I still get the black screen then quest menu...

Anonymous
Not applicable
I got it working with an Amazon Basics hub, working on the ports that gave me issues before.
https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Port-2-5A-power-adapter/dp/B00DQFGH80