cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Razah
Explorer

Does Occulus Ques 2 have a default logging pattern? I haven't ever set up one, and now it is asking me for it? What am I supposed to do now?

8 REPLIES 8

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there Razah, thanks for reaching out about your Oculus Pattern! The Quest 2 shouldn't have a default pattern associated with it, however you should be able to reset the option no problem.

1. Using the Oculus app, go to Settings > More Settings > Unlock Pattern.
  2. Inside it, there's 3 options: Unlock Headset from PhoneReset Unlock Pattern, and Remove Unlock Pattern.
  3. By choosing Remove Unlock Pattern, it will ask for your PIN (If you don't know the PIN then, follow the PIN reset process below).

If you forgot your PIN, you can request an email with a link to reset it from the Oculus website.

1. Go to your profile on Oculus.com.
  2. Click Security in the left menu.
  3. Next to PIN, click Edit.
  4. Next to Save, click Forgot Pin.
  5. Click Request PIN Reset.
  6. Follow the instructions in the email to reset your PIN.

Note: It may take some time for the email to arrive. If you don't see it in your inbox after a few minutes, check your spam folders for an email from no-reply@mail.oculus.com. You can also request another email by repeating the steps above.

We hope this answers any questions you have. Please reach out if you have more! Cheers!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Razah
Explorer

Umh, no. I do not have this. 

I have Android. 

So when I open it. I click from the top left my account picture. Opens the menu. I take the first one. Account settings.  In there, the only security feature is to "Reset my pin." I know my pin. I do not need to reset that.

The only other options are:

Name

Notifications

Email settings

Add settings

Code from the shop

Wishlist 

Razah
Explorer

We have added my Husband's account there also. It is asking for a pattern to get into his account also. He has not set up one. 

Hey there! We understand that you've been experiencing some difficulties with an unlock pattern you didn't create. We would love to help with this! We have an article for you here that explains how to reset or remove an unlock pattern. We hope this helps! 🙂

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Razah
Explorer

1) I cannot get into the "Universal menu" because it is locked with the pattern I did not set up.

2) I cannot get into the select Devices -> Device settings, because it is asking for a pattern I did not set up. 

So. Still. No. Not helpful. Not a solution.

Hey there Razah, we appreciate your response. We definitely understand you still can't get into your settings or headset. Have you tried a factory reset? This should remove the pattern you haven't set up. To do this, please follow the steps below. If you're still having issues, please send us a direct message with your Oculus Log files so that we may take a look at why this pattern appeared out of nowhere.

This wipes everything off your Oculus Quest 2 or Quest, and returns it to the software state that it was in when you first took it out of the box.

To perform a factory reset using your phone:

1. Open the Oculus app on your phone.
  2. Tap Devices in the bottom menu.
  3. Tap the headset connected to your phone.
  4. Tap Advanced Settings.
  5. Tap Factory Reset and then Reset.

To perform a factory reset using the headset:

1. Turn off your headset.
  2. Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
  3. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory Reset and press the power button.
  4. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

Notes:

• Performing a factory reset is irreversible and will remove all account information, downloaded games, and content from the headset.

• Performing a factory reset won't remove content you've purchased or downloaded from your account.

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns and we'd be happy to address them. Cheers!

same issue here never set a pattern and the is no settings, more settings path, this is bs for sure to need a fr

What did you end up doing?