cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lucky's Tale absolutely NEEDS to come to Oculus Quest

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I recently beat Moss on my Rift CV1, and this is a great little platformer of a title. Moss is also available on the Oculus Quest which is a very smart move for that platform. However, Lucky's Tale is an even stronger VR platformer and really should have been available on the Oculus Quest at launch. I see that I'm not the only one who thinks this, as there's a reddit thread where they are contacting the developers about this:

Having both Moss and Lucky's Tale on Quest would be huge.

16 REPLIES 16

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee
Lucky's Tale is to this date my most memorable experience from when I first entered the CV1 world.
 To me it's crazy how underrated third person platformers are with the VR community.
Be good, die great !

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee
Hi, im KlodsBrik btw. been lurking for a while 😄
Be good, die great !

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Lucky's Tale is awesome, possibly my favorite platformer of all due to the VR immersion and the great gameplay. Should be easy to port to Quest, I get solid 90 fps ss 2.0 in that game. 
I think Lucky's Tale is a true platformer if there  ever was one, while Moss more is a combined puzzle and platform game. 
Maybe some at Oculus think there's too much Luckey in Lucky?  😄 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

furtin
Protege
I really wonder why its still not ported....?!
"The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel."

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

furtin said:

I really wonder why its still not ported....?!

The developer must put the time in to port it over. This was made by Playful Studios:
https://playfulstudios.com

pyroth309
Visionary
I agree this should be on Quest and I also agree that someone needs to hack Astrobot and get it on PCVR.  :#

inovator
Consultant
It's a little crazy it didn't come to quest on launch.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Played it last night, still my favorite VR platformer - I haven't completed the game, just finished some "Mad Volcano" level. High levels of ss really make this game shine, but I was thinking that there are a lot of quite round-ish shapes in the game, maybe they do need to reduce polygon levels to get it working on Quest, but probably no big deal (Apex Construct was ported easily to Quest, so I guess Lucky's Tale shouldn't be much harder - if the motivation and financial support are there).

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

nicktheman33
Honored Guest
you can use ALVR and play it wirelessly from your pc