cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lucky's Tale absolutely NEEDS to come to Oculus Quest

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I recently beat Moss on my Rift CV1, and this is a great little platformer of a title. Moss is also available on the Oculus Quest which is a very smart move for that platform. However, Lucky's Tale is an even stronger VR platformer and really should have been available on the Oculus Quest at launch. I see that I'm not the only one who thinks this, as there's a reddit thread where they are contacting the developers about this:

Having both Moss and Lucky's Tale on Quest would be huge.

16 REPLIES 16

bigmike20vt
Visionary
I agree things like luckys tale should be slam dunks for the quest... it looks pretty but runs on relatively modest hardware, the quest would i am sure do a bang up job on it.....but i would actually go so far as to say we need more experiences like it across the board..... being tethered is no downside for primarily seated VR games like luckys tale.
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

I agree things like luckys tale should be slam dunks for the quest... it looks pretty but runs on relatively modest hardware, the quest would i am sure do a bang up job on it.....but i would actually go so far as to say we need more experiences like it across the board..... being tethered is no downside for primarily seated VR games like luckys tale.

Agreed - there're quite few platformers even on the Rift. BTW, Kin should be awesome for Quest too - maybe I would put Kin above Lucky's Tale, Kin is that awesome - but Kin is for teenagers/adults, it's way too hard for young kids.
Kin is already available for GearVR - should be another Quest slam dunk. Kin has a 90 % average rating in the Oculus Store based on 36 ratings - using the Rift. And 92 % average rating on GearVR (68 ratings). Lucky's Tale is 86 % based on 914 ratings in comparison (both Lucky's Tale and Kin are 95% or better in my book though). 
Furthermore regarding content, it really feels like GearVR is getting way too little attention - it feels like GearVR is being abandoned (check out how few new titles are available for GearVR in the Oculus Store), quite a shame if Oculus really wants 1 billion to use VR. It should be even easier to make Quest games available for GearVR, well depending on the need for two hands, lol.  

https://youtu.be/RZnCy_bg97A

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Well, after some 2.5 years, it finally happened! Lucky's Tale has arrived on the Quest Platform 😁

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/quest/3652037328256745

Current price is $19.99, which is well worth it.

Ya, finally!  Too bad it's not cross-buy but I imagine it did take a bit of work to bring it over to Quest mobile VR.  Moss was not cross-buy either but I ended up buying it for my Q2 and it's handy to have when I'm too lazy to fire up my PC and use Air Link.  Also good if you want to use it in different locations.  I'll probably end up buying the Quest version of Lucky's Tale for the same reasons and also to help support the developers so that they may have more incentive to put out a few more VR games.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

I was just about to post about this but should have known you guys were on top of it.

Yeah @TomCgcmfc first thing I was looking for was cross-buy but I guess Meta don't have much influence beyond the launch of the game back in the day.

As it was free, I can't really complain much about paying this time round!

One of my favorite things about Lucky's Tale is that - and it remains true to this day - it does such a great job of immersing players in to a Super Mario Brothers style world. Growing up in the age when Mario Bros was an Arcade game, and then finally getting it on my NES... Lucky's Tale was a dream come true of sorts.

And it's one of those games that I would showcase to others when giving a VR Demo.

Yeah, I think it's the showcase aspect as much as anything else... and because it's fun for all ages, that'll have me getting the Quest version, showcasing is half of the fun of taking your Quest places. So many people still haven't tried VR.