cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lunar new year sale is active - Get some decent games for as much as 5 to 10 dollars off

PITTCANNA
Level 11
6 REPLIES 6

Richooal
Level 12
It seems that the "Lunar New Year" doesn't affect the Rift Store.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

RuneSR2
Level 16
Feels like Steam is taking over more and more of PCVR. Allowing Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond on Steam might have been a sign of Oculus greatly reducing PCVR interest, sadly. Still many new apps arrived in the Rift Store yesterday - I hope the many devs can keep things alive.

Individual devs have reduced pricings in the Rift Store - but difficult to get an overview, because it seems Oculus has removed the Sale category in the Rift Store. That's also a move making me worry about Oculus PCVR. 

Recently Lone Echo 2 was mentioned by Oculus in a post/blog about upcoming games that nearly only was about Quest games. Does make me wonder what's going on with Lone Echo 2 at the moment. 

Oculus should just get into bed with Samsung again - get Samsung to make the next great Oculus PCVR hmd, sigh. Or give other PCVR hmd makers access to Oculus drivers and the store... 

Billedresultat for rift-s vs quest oculus joke

i7 7700K (4.5GHz); MSI GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100MHz gpu boost, 11GHz mem speed); 16GB 3200MHz; MSI Z270I (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 961 NVMe 128GB (OS) + Samsung 860 4TB SSD (games) + Toshiba P300 HDD 3TB (games); Win10; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 using super sampling 2.0.      "Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"

TomCgcmfc
Level 15
@RuneSR2 the Rift 'on sale now' only shows up on the top of the Oculus desktop app Store.  Actually quite a few listed right now.  Personally I don't feel unloved by Oculus.  Babies always get the most attention, lol!
9 9900k, rtx3090, 32 Gb ram, 1tb ssd, 4tb hdd. xi hero wifi mb, Corsair 1000w. Rift cv1, Quest 1, Vive Pro.

RuneSR2
Level 16

TomCgcmfc said:

@RuneSR2 the Rift 'on sale now' only shows up on the top of the Oculus desktop app Store.  Actually quite a few listed right now.  Personally I don't feel unloved by Oculus.  Babies always get the most attention, lol!

I'll check it more thoroughly later - but this is how my store front looks, simply can't see the sale category anymore  :'(

zrnl3eaesn62.jpg

Did buy Arden's Wake - looking forward to try that one! 

Maybe the Sale category still is on my phone app, but might need to update that app as there's no Sale category right now... 

i7 7700K (4.5GHz); MSI GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100MHz gpu boost, 11GHz mem speed); 16GB 3200MHz; MSI Z270I (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 961 NVMe 128GB (OS) + Samsung 860 4TB SSD (games) + Toshiba P300 HDD 3TB (games); Win10; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 using super sampling 2.0.      "Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"

RuneSR2
Level 16
Also Oculus only updates the Rift store with new titles once a week, namely each Friday. If you check the store, you can see that new games now arrive in clusters separated by exactly 7 days.

This shows a serious downscaling of commitment to PCVR. So the Sale category is completely gone, and Oculus only spends 1 day a week to add new Rift titles. Does not look good to me.

Steam adds new VR games close to each day. So Steam has won, and Oculus PCVR has begun its slow descent into oblivion? .... 

Of course users of Oculus hmds are also fully involved in this development. New titles in the Rift Store get close to no reviews, thus no one buys anything in the Store anymore. Why should Oculus invest time in a store which has no customers?

If you care for Oculus PCVR, buy and check out new stuff in the Store every week! You can always refund if you don't like an app. 

Richooal
Level 12

RuneSR2 said:

Also Oculus only updates the Rift store with new titles once a week, namely each Friday. If you check the store, you can see that new games now arrive in clusters separated by exactly 7 days.

This shows a serious downscaling of commitment to PCVR. So the Sale category is completely gone, and Oculus only spends 1 day a week to add new Rift titles. Does not look good to me.

Steam adds new VR games close to each day. So Steam has won, and Oculus PCVR has begun its slow descent into oblivion? .... 

Of course users of Oculus hmds are also fully involved in this development. New titles in the Rift Store get close to no reviews, thus no one buys anything in the Store anymore. Why should Oculus invest time in a store which has no customers?

If you care for Oculus PCVR, buy and check out new stuff in the Store every week! You can always refund if you don't like an app. 

It's a bit strange considering the money and time they've spent on Link and it's software. Without PCVR titles, there is no Link.
I guess we'll see Link go "unsupported" after 3 years too.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.