Honored Guest
I have...

-Oculus Quest 2
-Oculus Link cable
-Windows 10 Pro
-Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
-32 GB Ram
-2 TB SSD

I just want to play a VR game without it freaking out and I don't know what I'm doing wrong I just want to play Star Wars Squadrons and Half-Life: Alyx at a passable rate.
7 REPLIES 7

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hey there! Make sure that any USB plugins that are not needed when the Quest 2 is in use are removed - for testing purposes we just want the Quest 2 your keyboard, mouse and one monitor connected to see if the stuttering is relieved at all. If it remains unaffected, please click here to submit a ticket and include your Oculus Diagnostics Logs. Thank you!
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

crxefx
Expert Protege
Look into Virtual Desktop. I play both games wirelessly with no problems at all. I7-4790/1660s/16gb. There is some setup and fine tuning to achieve this, youtube is your friend. It should be possible with the link also, I gave up on that after finding Vd. Link should be better in every respect but, that has not worked out for me in the slightest, nothing but stuttering and glitching. I won't ever play a wired headset again after using my setup. 

DVShadow
Honored Guest

crxefx said:

Look into Virtual Desktop. I play both games wirelessly with no problems at all. I7-4790/1660s/16gb. There is some setup and fine tuning to achieve this, youtube is your friend. It should be possible with the link also, I gave up on that after finding Vd. Link should be better in every respect but, that has not worked out for me in the slightest, nothing but stuttering and glitching. I won't ever play a wired headset again after using my setup. 

Is the virtual desktop in the oculus?

h.r.gargi
Heroic Explorer

crxefx said:

Virtual Desktop is not the solution. A lot of games are not fully supported and you also get micro stutterings too. VD is nice but that is it.
The 1660 may be a bit too slow for VR. That is the first thing. The other is probably problems on the USB port. What data rate do you get? You can check it out by the Oculus software. Also deactivate any led software like Aura (Asus) or icue (Corsair).
Meta Facebook Community Accelerator 2022 winner
Facebook Community Partner
Founder of the Meta Quest VR Familie - The largest German Facebook Group for VR and Metaverse
https://www.facebook.com/groups/oculusvrgermany/

crxefx
Expert Protege

h.r.gargi said:

Virtual Desktop is not the solution. A lot of games are not fully supported and you also get micro stutterings too. VD is nice but that is it.
The 1660 may be a bit too slow for VR. That is the first thing. The other is probably problems on the USB port. What data rate do you get? You can check it out by the Oculus software. Also deactivate any led software like Aura (Asus) or icue (Corsair).

I said it and I meant it.. don't have any problems or stuttering using a 1660s thru Virtual desktop. It's possible that I'm completely missing something but, I do have major stuttering and problems with oculus link. Hence why I use Vd. Either way, I will never use a wired headset for any reason. To answer the question that DVShadow actually asked. Vd is in the oculus store however, to get it to work you need to follow a process to sideload it. Check youtube to get the details. Btw, which games are not supported by vd? I have not come across anything like this?

DVShadow
Honored Guest

h.r.gargi said:

crxefx said:

It's showing I have a USB 3 yet I have the Oculus cable with typeC pci card

vracing73
Explorer
Your graphic card is fine.  I have the 1660 super too.  Too many factors of why games are stuttering....latency with your USB connection?  Maybe some issues with your USB 3 port?  Maybe video card memory running out of resource/space since the 1660 ti only has 6 GB of vram.  I would try to turn down some graphic setting just to ensure that you can keep your texture memory low....  You can try to set the render resolution in the Link software to max or 1.5x.  In the Link debug tool, set the encoded bitrate to 500.  Keep the SteamVR resolution to 100%.