cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meta avatars + Oculus interaction hands

andrew2106
Explorer

Trying to solve the issue with my avatar where avatar hands are not snaping the same as hand mesh.

9 REPLIES 9

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! Thank you for bringing this to our attention. It seems like you're having an issue with the hand tracking. We know this can seem a bit alarming, but we can definitely help you out! 

We like to start off with some basic troubleshooting to begin with. There are a few questions we'd like to ask to gain better insight on the exact issue that could be causing the mesh to be transparent. 

Answer the questions below: 

• Is this the first time the issue has occurred? 
  • Is this the only game affected? 
  • What troubleshooting steps have you tried? 
  • Do you experience similar issues while playing in other locations?

Once we gather this information, we can start taking a deeper dive and provide some troubleshooting steps to try out. We hope to hear from you soon!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hey!

I am facing the same issue.

And the answer here:

• Is this the first time the issue has occurred? (No,always)
  • Is this the only game affected? (No, I hope that they are the same)
  • What troubleshooting steps have you tried?(looking the documentation and forum)
  • Do you experience similar issues while playing in other locations?(Yes)

Looking for your response! Thanks~

omerademoglu
Explorer

Can u help me to create an meta avatar that can interact with objects

This might help. https://youtu.be/0BVlQUBB87k 

Hi Andrew,
This link seems to be using MRTK?
Also were you able to find the solution for meta avatars not syncing with interaction sdk properly while grabbing objects?

Hi Oculus support,
Could you provide trouble steps for these? it seems to be a widespread problem where avatar sdk doesnt automatically align with hand poses from interaction sdk

PicoPlanetDev
Protege

Hi there, have any of you figured this out? I'm still stuck on the same problem and trying to use the Synthetic hands as a data source for the avatar.

PicoPlanetDev
Protege

In case you are still searching -

A solution to the avatar synthetic hands problem (in case anyone comes searching the discord for this in the future): I was looking through the Unity-Decomissioned project for some reason or another yesterday and I discovered a few avatar scripts, one of which was a replacement for the Sample Input Manager that let you select a source for the HMD and hands. The code was old and I had to replace a GetRootPose with a TryGetRootPose (didn't do anything about the case where it fails though) so I thought I'd share my edits in a github repo: https://github.com/PicoPlanetDev/interaction-sdk-avatars2-integration/tree/main

I included a few comments and screenshots to make it easy to follow.

jinwoo629
Explorer

Hello,

Firstly, I'd like to mention that I'm using GPT to draft this response in English, so please bear with me if there are any grammatical quirks.

To address your issue, please check the OVR Camera Rig. Specifically, look for the OVR[Right/Left]HandVisual object. Ensure that there's a component named Hand Visual attached to it.

Furthermore, to resolve the issue, you should also add the Hand Grab State Visual component to the same object. This component is crucial for the correct visualization and interaction of the hand states.

jinwoo629_0-1691746521772.png

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions or if there's anything else I can assist with.