cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microphone Notification Spam

Dark-Moon
Level 2

Heres the Story: 
I factory reset my oculus, and everything seemed to be going fine.. 
I joined a party with a friend, we were chatting, everything was working great

We went into a game, since I had just Factory Restarted, we decided Rec Room, dunno why
Anyway, we were messing around in the Center and just catching up with no problems

Then it started happening..

I tried to enter another room and it sent me back to the dorm room with the error message "Unable to connect you to room"

So I tried again, and spent 10 minutes watching a very entertaining black screen, so I quit the app

Then when I reopened the app, and logged in, I was greeted by a familiar scene.. the black screen of loading..

So I uninstalled the app and tried again, same thing

I restarted and completely powered off my oculus to no avail..

On my 2nd Restart I decided to party with the same friend again, he was on mute now, but when I joined, I got spammedseriously spammed with the "Your mic is now connected to the party chat" message, over and over and over and over and over and over, tried restarting and powering things off, tried another person and remaking the parties, nothing. Any Ideas?

Side Note: If anyone knows if you can sign out of ATT on Quest 2, would love to know how! (Factory resetting and uninstalling the app did not work)

3 REPLIES 3

OculusSupport
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

Hey Dark-Moon! That spamming notification can't have been a pleasant experience. We'd love to look into this further with you to make sure your headset is working properly, so send us a PM or submit a support ticket and we'll get this worked out. Thanks!

OculusSupport
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

Hey Dark-Moon, we just wanted to check in and see if the spamming notice has been resolved in your headset. Please let us know if there's anything else we can do for you.

Ah Thanks! Will do! Sorry for the late reply, too many late nights studying, whence I arrive home later today I'll make sure to test it again, and if it still hasn't worked I'll send a support ticket!