cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating game progress between headsets

geekraver
Protege
Hi all, I just bought a 256GB Quest 2 to replace my 64GB one. I am looking for any tips on how I can migrate my settings and progress when I switch over, and anything I need to look out for along the way to make sure my games come with me. I plan to factory reset and sell the 64GB one afterwards.

Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2

SoylentPie
Honored Guest
Hiya! From what I've found there are very few games that utilize cloud saves, meaning your game save data will only exist locally on each headset.

I recently had to exchange my headset due to a defect and managed to bring my Tetris Effect and Beat Saber save data along with me to the new headset using SideQuest. The application is available on sidequestvr.com and installs to a Windows, Mac, or Linux based computer. Once installed, you can connect your headset via USB and navigate to "Currently Installed Apps". From there you can backup and restore game data from one headset to another with the click of a single button. It will even timestamp your backups to ensure you're recovering with the latest copy.

This is the only way I'm aware of moving save game data from one headset to another. It requires a number of steps and I believe you may even need a developer account (which is also free). I wish there was an official way to backup save game data, especially for the more difficult ones.

geekraver
Protege
Thanks! I already have Sidequest set up so will try this.