cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Most recent update broke tracking

FourJohn
Honored Guest

Why am I so certain it's the update that broke tracking? Because I might as well have physically watched it happen.

Tracking was fine. I started the update, watched the bar go, restarted my headset. Tracking was broken. Constantly received tracking lost messages, unable to even click on continue without tracking because they kept flashing on the screen. Eventually, after multiple restarts, I was able to break through once, but everything was wobbly as if tracking was only partially working. I haven't been able to get it to work since, and now the tracking lost is consistent, it isn't flashing anymore, I'm only able to launch the headset without tracking.

Is there any way to revert to before the update? I've already tried a factory reset, cleaning the cameras, and all that typical jazz.

49 REPLIES 49

Ebows
Protege

couldnt get on my quest2 at all until i stepped out of my play area living room and made a quick guardian in my kitchen. then i deleted the cache and remade in my living room. seemed to work but i got off to make this post. this is really a device breaking bug and i seen some one post that they did this luckily and hope others see that message or mine and it works til they fix this bs

How do you delete the Cache?

go into a separate room or out of where your guardian was (mine was in living room i moved into my kitchen) make a new guardian in that space quick to get tracking back and in your headset. go into settings then guardian and delete history and remake guardian in your play space. 

FourJohn
Honored Guest

Well, I'm no longer having major problems. I wish the fix was as easily identifiable as the problem, but I really have no idea what caused it to work again. If you have a link plugged in constantly, try unplugging it. Try, Ebows' suggestion above, that could've been a fix for me too. Not sure. Tracking still doesn't feel up to what it used to be, but that may just be me.

Ebows
Protege

Yes it’s still glitchy and I have to do it like every time I turn the thing on or wake it. Ugh...!!!

Howie_Doodat
Rising Star

I reluctantly factory reset my headset tonight and it seems to have fixed the tracking. I was able to play Beat Saber and get all the hits on the expert levels I'm any good at. My link is still not fixed though. 

Ebows
Protege

Factory reset makes you lose most all progress and last time I did it problem came right back. I don’t recommend it...

radd00
Explorer

I'm after like 10 factory resets and it still isn't solved for me, so don't get too much hopes with that. Tracking broke last Wednesday after update to V27. I contacted support, we couldn't find any solution and for now we settled that I'll wait a little with a hope of an patch and if the issue persists, they gonna replace the device.

There was minor update yesterday as version (second row) changed from one ending with 807 to 110, but nothing is fixed. I guess I'll wait one more week to see if anything changes.

Howie_Doodat
Rising Star

Yeah, I mostly play PCVR, so the reset wasn’t really much of a gamble for me. I was also highly skeptical it would work (and I’m not saying it will for everybody), but I was at a buddy’s house who just bought a Quest 2 a few day’s ago. I reluctantly played Beatsaber (passing the headset back and fourth) and it was the best it had played since pre v25, so I checked, saw he was also on v27, and figured I’d try resetting mine. Luckily it did improve my tracking, for now. 

imfengzi
Honored Guest

The same issue! And now I can't use my headset. I reboot my headset for more than 10 times but still broken.