cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple accounts...

dikdronk
Explorer
Hi there,
Why can't I have multiple accounts on my Quest? We are constantly trying to demo games we bought which could generate more sales for you, but we run into a wall not wanting to affect our progress in games by having some new person try the game. Why can't we, if anything, have a guest account where all games start as if it is their first launch? All guests go through the tutorials etc so that they can properly orient themselves.
I might be missing something obvious which would allow this, but google has only yielded more dissatisfied Quest owners.
Thanks for reading.
4 REPLIES 4

mattbenic
Protege
I second this. Particularly with such tight Facebook integration, it should be possible to log a secondary user in on a device with Facebook that is allowed to use the installed games and applications, but has their progress, etc, saved to their Facebook account.

TheChris1618
Honored Guest
I'll jump on this too. This seems like a weird and misguided choice on Facebook's part. I have the Rift S, actually we got it for our daughters for Christmas. The only option seems to be them play as "me" on the games, which I am not crazy about. I'm also not crazy about having the "social" features on the headset turned on for my kids. 

A system like xbox has would be ideal. Multiple used sign in and you choose who is active at any given time.

daezy
Honored Guest
darn!  the hubs JUST said something about setting up his own account for himself.  guess this answers that!

kojack
MVP
MVP

daezy said:

darn!  the hubs JUST said something about setting up his own account for himself.  guess this answers that!

Just be aware that if you are on a Quest, you can't log out of an account easily. The only way to change which account is active is to do a full factory reset of the Quest, which wipes all of its storage (and possibly game progress if it isn't cloud saved). Only the Rift / Rift-S allow easy logging in and out of accounts at any time. (Or a Quest when running on a PC using the Link cable, because it's emulating a Rift)

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2