cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple profiles

Edawg2362
Honored Guest
I want to find out if I can have multiple profiles on my quests.
I purchased 2 so we could play games together but I can not add a friend if it has my name. 
Is there a way I can achieve this without making a whole new account? 
Or do I need to reset 1 and rebuy every game I have purchased? 
2 REPLIES 2

kojack
MVP
MVP
Some games might have profiles (or save slots), such as Rec Room (it doesn't use your Oculus account, it has a separate Rec Room account that you can log in and out of). But in general there are no profiles, just the one account. The only way to log in to a different account is to factory reset the Quest, which wipes everything. Then the other account needs to own the games too (can't share one purchase between two accounts).
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

ktlynfox
Honored Guest

I just wanted to reply, I realize this is an old post but this is the first result that popped up in a search. I wanted to provide some information regarding this topic to help others out needing help.

You can own two Oculus Quests and not have to rebuy every single game.

On one Quest, this will be your Main Quest, your main account (with all your purchases) will NOT be the "Active"/"Primary" account. You'll simply just be logged in, be sure app sharing is off.

On the secondary Quest, sign in to your previous Quests main account, now make sure "App Sharing" is on and that this Oculus Quest is set to as "Active"/"Primary". Now log in to your wife/husband/partner/etcetc own Oculus account. Now this quest has access to all of your games!!

**This doesn't work for multiplayer. You can't simultaneously play the same shared game. You will need two copies to Co-Op type games.