cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My 9 day old controllers from a new quest 2 are straight up unusable

Lonog373
Honored Guest

I recieved my quest 2 on 25th of july. The controllers outta the box had squirky grips, buttons and some stick drift (its not bad tracking, its controllers). At first I just didnt care, it wasnt that bad so I just played. I've played about 30 hours of vr since the day I got my quest and now the controllers are just unusable. The stick drift is extremely annoying, the buttons dont even work sometimes and are sorta stuck? I've dome some DIY stuff like using compressed air under the sticks and yeah, it solves it for a couple of minutes and then its back, just unplayable. The only game that i can play with this is beat saber. I just really dont want to wait a week+ without vr since im on a break. I also made a reddit post 2 days ago about the drift and some meta mod replied to me, but their reply got removed by the autobot lol. Anyway, what can I do? Excuse my style of writing, im extremely frustrated with the controllers.

My reddit posts with videos : Stick drift and Buttons

1 REPLY 1

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! Thanks for sharing your recent experience with us, it sucks to hear your controllers are not doing a great job of guiding you through VR, we'd like to take a look at this and have you cruise through your games with ease and reliability.

- Try to remove the batteries for at least 30 seconds before trying once more.

- Unpair and pair your controllers once more after removing batteries. Check here https://metaque.st/ControllerPairing 

- If needed you can adjust the joystick dead zone by doing the following:

1. Go to Settings
  2. Go to Controller Settings
  3. Under Joystick Deadzone and Range, select the joystick which is having an issue
  4. Follow on-screen instructions to recalibrate the joystick dead zones

Still, need after trying these steps? Reach out to our expert support team for more aid in this by clicking this link here 👇🏻‍.

https://metaque.st/Support

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!