cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My IPD is 72-73mm - should I buy Oculus Quest 2?

Peter_N
Explorer

Dear All,

My IPD is 72-73mm according optician tests and an Android app check. I also have astigmatism (not extreme, but still some), so I wear glasses.

I'd like to try VR because I'm amazed by the Quest 2 price/performance ratio, but I'm quite concerned by its max only 68mm IPD :(.

Do you think if I shouldn't buy it due to the 4-5nm IPD difference and perhaps my astigmatism?

Perhaps there are fellow members with similar IPD and they can share their experience with Quest 2?

Thanks!

17 REPLIES 17

With your CV1 or Quest 1, you can get a pretty good idea of what the Quest 2 fov is like by dialing your lens spacing down to 68mm. My CV1 collects dust now (along with my DK2, Go, and Quest 1), because I much prefer the Quest 2 for PCVR. The image quality is stunning, and playing wirelessly with Virtual Desktop is awesome. Of course, if you have a Pimax, you're already enjoying the benefits of high resolution.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

I've got ipd of 73 and oculus quest 2 doesn't work for me AT ALL. I got a headache 15 minutes after I put it on. Apalling.

Oculus rift somegow works for me but not quest 2. 

It's.so bad that I can't believe oculus can get away with it. My oculus library hasnt been touched because I can't play the games I own. I literally cannot play my games because my wide ipd is of no interest to oculus. Discrimination, if you ask me.

korgen63
Protege

Finally I ordered a Quest 2 and it was delivered today. The fact is I don't have any blur zone, it fits fine (72mm here). And good news : Quest 1 prescription lenses+frame are compatible with Quest 2.

My IPD is on the high end too, not sure exactly, according to my PSVR, it's ~72. I've been looking online, someone is selling Quest 2 IPD spacers on Etsy, many of the reviews seem promising, might be worth a shot. I'm considering purchasing one, but I can still play for a few hours without much strain, and it kinda works like a natural reminder for me to take a break.

3000ways
Honored Guest

i am in the same range as you and it is quite uncomfortable for me.  I find it quite irritating that i cant push the eye pieces further apart. i use a binoccular microscope for 8 hours per day and I'm accustomed to having a well fitted device. if anyone has a solution to push them further apart, i wouldappreciate it.

I haven't tried myself, but I am considering. Search for "Quest 2 IPD Expander," it's on Etsy. Not sure if I'm allowed to share links, but they're the only seller of this, tt's 3D printed from what I can tell, maybe you could print your own. 

i'm 73mm, witch ipd settings do you use? when i try number 3 i get some black edges like i'm looking through a tube

Bater
Honored Guest

Many people I know including me have an IDP of 70~72 the Quest 2 has an IDP of 68, which is bad for the vision in the long run and causes headaches, the guys closer to the 72 IDP are having the most headaches, my IDP is 70. I'm not sure why they made the quest 2 max IDP 68, I guess they had an incorrect population sample or they just measured the size of Mark's small head!

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?