cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My IPD is 72-73mm - should I buy Oculus Quest 2?

Peter_N
Level 3

Dear All,

My IPD is 72-73mm according optician tests and an Android app check. I also have astigmatism (not extreme, but still some), so I wear glasses.

I'd like to try VR because I'm amazed by the Quest 2 price/performance ratio, but I'm quite concerned by its max only 68mm IPD :(.

Do you think if I shouldn't buy it due to the 4-5nm IPD difference and perhaps my astigmatism?

Perhaps there are fellow members with similar IPD and they can share their experience with Quest 2?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nalex66
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

My IPD is about 72mm, and the Quest 2 is fine for me. I’m so glad they didn’t do the fixed 64mm lens positions like the Go or Rift S. I’d say go for it, it’s an amazing headset that keeps getting better.

i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, 3x Samsung Evo 1TB | Startech PCIe 4x USB 3.0 | Startech PCIe 2x USB C 3.1 gen2

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Howie_Doodat
Level 7

I have no idea what my IPD is, but I have astigmatism and that doesn’t matter, because you should just wear your contacts, prescription inserts or (worst option) glasses (WITH THE CHEAP PROTECTIVE RUBBER RINGS TO SAVE YOUR GLASSES AND VR LENS) while playing anyway. I, personally spent like $70 or less (I think) for prescription lens inserts and it’s great (especially because my vision is bad enough that my glasses cost 4-5x that) 

Thank you for sharing your experience!

Indeed, I plan to order inserts if I finally buy Quest 2 headset.

korgen63
Level 4

I have 72 IPD too and I really need to know if Quest 2 is compatible with such a high IPD. Are sweetspots large enough ?
I tried Oculus Go a few years ago and I couldn't reach sweetspot with both eyes. That's why I didn't purchase a Rift S to replace my CV1 and I'm really aware about IPD range.

Pixie40
Level 10

My IPD is about 80, and the Quest 2's widest setting actually lines up perfectly for me. I'd expected to once again have eyes just a hair wider then what the HMD could accommodate. Not sure what the minimum IPD the quest 2 can handle, but 72 shouldn't be an issue. I think.

Lo, a quest! I seek the threads of my future in the seeds of the past.

korgen63, Welcome aboard! 🙂

Great, really appreciate your very promising (for me :)) feedback!

Perhaps I should try... 🙂

nalex66
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

My IPD is about 72mm, and the Quest 2 is fine for me. I’m so glad they didn’t do the fixed 64mm lens positions like the Go or Rift S. I’d say go for it, it’s an amazing headset that keeps getting better.

i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, 3x Samsung Evo 1TB | Startech PCIe 4x USB 3.0 | Startech PCIe 2x USB C 3.1 gen2

View solution in original post

Thank you.

Going to order it tomorrow.

Thank you. I don't think I'll buy a Quest 2, I already have a CV1, a Quest 1 and a Pimax 5k+ (my main headset), I'm waiting for next generation. Let's hope they'll increase FOV for Quest 3.