cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My friend can't hear me while we are in a party

AndrewCim
Honored Guest
So, my friend and I tried to play a game together and talk using the party system. I could hear him just fine, but when I open the game, he suddenly can't hear me at all. The game we tried to play does have an in game voice chat, if that has something to do with it.
2 REPLIES 2

Crazy_Sane
Superstar

Yes, the game could be causing the problem.

So... are you gonna tell us what the game is, or do we have to guess? I know some people have audio issues with Onward.

You should try using the in-game chat instead.

wilza7
Expert Protege
the quest seems to have a microphone problem history.  i ran into it with steamvr and phasmophobia and trying to get the mic working in there.  at first it just didn't work at all.  lots of mucking about and no joy.  then i found the virtual desktop fix where you start up some other app that uses the mic which using vd.  that sorts something as it then starts working!  windows sound control still shows it locked at 50% input, but you could ignore that and it would work. 

just before the v25 release that vd workaround seemed to stop working.  not sure why, but it did.  there was much sadness!  next thing i know v25 appears.  hopes raised.  the quest 2 has now updated to v25.  i expected the oculus software to update too, but it still says v23.  anyway, the mic now just works.  no mucking about at all.  i was amazed.  so if oculus did fix it in v25, then nice job.

life is almost good.  if you put the quest 2 down for a few mins, it goes into sleep/suspect and steamvr promptly dies.

while struggling with the mic though, i did find one tip, which is go into some app on the quest that uses the mic.  so a mic driven audio search.  youtube was good for it.  use that to confirm the quest 2 mic hardware works.  at least then you know if its not working in some game, its a software issue.  the hardware is good.