cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My oculus quest 2 won’t update games

Dolphinz9692
Honored Guest

Onward has been trying to update for about a week now, but it won’t update, and i can’t cancel the update. I can’t update any other games because it gets put into a queue.

7 REPLIES 7

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Uh-oh! This is not the experience we want you to have! Don't worry, we will work together to get you playing Onward once again! 

If you have not performed any steps please do the following:

We will first make sure your Cloud Backup is setup. That way when you perform your Factory Reset your gaming data will not be lost. The steps for the Cloud Backup will be here

Once this is done you can perform a Factory Reset which you can find instructions for here. 

When the factory reset is finished, you can go ahead and connect your account and re-download your games. 

Let us know if this helped! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Astral_Moon
Explorer

Hey Meta  

Im having the same problem could you explain how i fix it?

i have been trying to update rec room for a while but it seems to just stay at 0b   

after a week i decided to uninstall it and re-install it but it still stays at 0b   

Now all my other games need updating so i am unable to use it   

Could you help me?    I just dont want my money wasted on something that i cant use ya know 🙂

Thanks 

Astral_Moon 🙂

Hello Astral_Moon. We see that you had a question about how to update your games and apps. As we know how perplexing this may be, let us check into it more for you so that you can resume playing and having fun.

1. How long have you been having this problem?
  2. Have you tried performing a factory reset? This can sometimes update the headset and give it a new start.
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I have been having this problem for a week or 2 

And im happy to factory reset but wont i lose my stuff?

And if not how do i do it and how long will it take??

Thanks

Hello Astral_Moon. We appreciate your follow-up message, and we can confirm that you can perform a factory reset on your phone and headset. However, we would want to advise you to perform a cloud backup first so you don't lose any paid-for apps.

Below are the instructions for performing a factory reset on your phone and headset, along with a link to our article on cloud saving.

To perform a factory reset using your phone:

Open the Meta Quest app on your phone.
Tap Devices in the bottom menu.
Tap the headset connected to your phone.
Tap Advanced Settings.
Tap Factory Reset and then Reset.

To perform a factory reset using the headset:

Turn off your headset.
Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory Reset and press the power button.
Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

Astral_Moon
Explorer

Omg!!

It worked tysm haha

Im lucky your here 

While im here how much does a right controller cost as mine is bugging?

im not sure if i can fix it but i just want to know the price

Thanks so much again :)))

Hello Astral Moon. We appreciate you letting us know that the steps helped to answer your issue. The cost of each Meta Quest 2 controller is $74.99 USD. We are pleased to assist; we are also very happy that you were able to get what you needed and can continue to be amazing.