cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My quest 2 was stolen before I even got it

DylanTheDopeDea
Level 3
I ordered a quest 2 and it was delivered but I never got it. I live in an apartment building and im certain someone stole while i was outside, because i saw the UPS truck drive past (i never saw the UPS guy because he went in the side door) and when i went back inside there was no package, so i called UPS and the driver even came back to make sure i had gotten it which i obviously hadn't. I've filed a police report and talked to my apartment manager who confirmed the cameras in my apartment dont work. I have two open support tickets with Oculus but they said they'll get back to me in 3-5 days by which time my quest 2 will have been activated or sold by the person who stole it. I have the serial number so once it's activated the police can subpoena Oculus for the facebook account tied to that device but i'm scared Oculus wont do anything regardless cuz they think i'm trying to scam them or something.
14 REPLIES 14

DylanTheDopeDea
Level 3
Does anyone know what else I can do?

Richooal
Level 12
If you ordered a quest from oculus, and they sent it to you. Why would they think you are "scamming" them if you say you didn't get it? Are you a shady character? Are you really Dylan the dope dealer?

1. Contact UPS. Tell them you haven't received the package.
2. Use ONE ONLY support ticket and be patient. Oculus has a very slow support system, but it's clogged up by people opening multiple tickets for the same problem. How on Earth does anyone think that opening another ticket gets better/quicker results?
3. If you have the serial number, then so does Oculus. Regardless of how long it takes support to get around to it, when they do, they can disable the device.

4. Stop dealing drugs, clear your mind.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

hoppingbunny123
Level 8
your now a quest 2 dealer 2

DylanTheDopeDea
Level 3

Richooal said:

If you ordered a quest from oculus, and they sent it to you. Why would they think you are "scamming" them if you say you didn't get it? Are you a shady character? Are you really Dylan the dope dealer?

1. Contact UPS. Tell them you haven't received the package.
2. Use ONE ONLY support ticket and be patient. Oculus has a very slow support system, but it's clogged up by people opening multiple tickets for the same problem. How on Earth does anyone think that opening another ticket gets better/quicker results?
3. If you have the serial number, then so does Oculus. Regardless of how long it takes support to get around to it, when they do, they can disable the device.

4. Stop dealing drugs, clear your mind.

I already contacted UPS (the UPS guy even came back to make sure I got the package) and Oculus has not given me contact details so I can't file a claim with UPS until they do, my support tickets are for two separate reasons (they stopped responding to my first ticket for multiple days so i opened a new one for my separate problem, and I don't actually do or deal drugs it's just my name (I'm actually concerned now that they'll disprove of my name since there are now real human beings looking at it.). Thanks for the response and the advice though I appreciate it.

DylanTheDopeDea
Level 3
Oculus is sending me another headset but only after I showed them a copy of the police report I filed (which I think is pretty reasonable considering all the scammers and thieves in the world now) and they even said that if we ever get the original headset back that I don't need to return it.

Richooal
Level 12

Oculus is sending me another headset but only after I showed them a copy of the police report I filed (which I think is pretty reasonable considering all the scammers and thieves in the world now) and they even said that if we ever get the original headset back that I don't need to return it.

Great news!
Confirmation from Oculus that you're NOT a scammer, a new headset, AND maybe a second one.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

hoppingbunny123
Level 8
theres still crime in the city:

https://youtu.be/o7Ree_MjkB8

DylanTheDopeDea
Level 3

Richooal said:

Great news!
Confirmation from Oculus that you're NOT a scammer, a new headset, AND maybe a second one.

Yeah but I've been watching online sales sites and even reported the stolen device to local pawn shops to no avail so I really doubt I'll ever get the original headset back. The only way I think well get it back now is if Oculus releases the facebook account associated with the serial number of the device to the police department (which the police confirmed with me is enough information to get a search warrant for the person's property).

plogarn
Level 4
They sent you a new one? Guess you are lucky... Have a very similar thing happening to me, package marked as delivered to the "guardian", just one problem, there is no guardian in my building.

I immediately got in contact with Oculus support (14th of October) and got a very confused reply in the style "ehh, we have to check what we can do, can you call UPS?". So I did and UPS just told me to fill out the lost package form, which of course I cannot since it requires a lot of details that I do not have. Got back to Oculus and told them this and they replied that "they would look into which options are available to me".

After that I sent them a few more mails to ask about an update but with just one generic answer about patience due to large ticket volume received.

So it has now been more than three weeks since I reported this without receiving any help. As far as I am aware, the seller is 100% responsible for the package until it is in my hands.

I'm a huge supporter of Oculus, already having a Rift CV1 and a Quest 1, but this is by far the worst customer experience I have ever had from any company. Really at a loss about what to do at this point, I guess I will have to open a claim in Paypal soon enough.