cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My quest 2 was stolen before I even got it

DylanTheDopeDea
Explorer
I ordered a quest 2 and it was delivered but I never got it. I live in an apartment building and im certain someone stole while i was outside, because i saw the UPS truck drive past (i never saw the UPS guy because he went in the side door) and when i went back inside there was no package, so i called UPS and the driver even came back to make sure i had gotten it which i obviously hadn't. I've filed a police report and talked to my apartment manager who confirmed the cameras in my apartment dont work. I have two open support tickets with Oculus but they said they'll get back to me in 3-5 days by which time my quest 2 will have been activated or sold by the person who stole it. I have the serial number so once it's activated the police can subpoena Oculus for the facebook account tied to that device but i'm scared Oculus wont do anything regardless cuz they think i'm trying to scam them or something.
14 REPLIES 14

DylanTheDopeDea
Explorer

plogarn said:

They sent you a new one? Guess you are lucky... Have a very similar thing happening to me, package marked as delivered to the "guardian", just one problem, there is no guardian in my building.

I immediately got in contact with Oculus support (14th of October) and got a very confused reply in the style "ehh, we have to check what we can do, can you call UPS?". So I did and UPS just told me to fill out the lost package form, which of course I cannot since it requires a lot of details that I do not have. Got back to Oculus and told them this and they replied that "they would look into which options are available to me".

After that I sent them a few more mails to ask about an update but with just one generic answer about patience due to large ticket volume received.

So it has now been more than three weeks since I reported this without receiving any help. As far as I am aware, the seller is 100% responsible for the package until it is in my hands.

I'm a huge supporter of Oculus, already having a Rift CV1 and a Quest 1, but this is by far the worst customer experience I have ever had from any company. Really at a loss about what to do at this point, I guess I will have to open a claim in Paypal soon enough.

they agreed to send a replacement after i showed them a copy of the police report I filed.
Call the police, report your package as stolen then go to the police station and get a copy of the police report and send a picture of it to them in a support ticket to prove your item was actually stolen otherwise they probably think you're trying to get a free unit from them.

Anonymous
Not applicable

plogarn said:

They sent you a new one? Guess you are lucky... Have a very similar thing happening to me, package marked as delivered to the "guardian", just one problem, there is no guardian in my building.

I immediately got in contact with Oculus support (14th of October) and got a very confused reply in the style "ehh, we have to check what we can do, can you call UPS?". So I did and UPS just told me to fill out the lost package form, which of course I cannot since it requires a lot of details that I do not have. Got back to Oculus and told them this and they replied that "they would look into which options are available to me".

After that I sent them a few more mails to ask about an update but with just one generic answer about patience due to large ticket volume received.

So it has now been more than three weeks since I reported this without receiving any help. As far as I am aware, the seller is 100% responsible for the package until it is in my hands.

I'm a huge supporter of Oculus, already having a Rift CV1 and a Quest 1, but this is by far the worst customer experience I have ever had from any company. Really at a loss about what to do at this point, I guess I will have to open a claim in Paypal soon enough.

they agreed to send a replacement after i showed them a copy of the police report I filed.
Call the police, report your package as stolen then go to the police station and get a copy of the police report and send a picture of it to them in a support ticket to prove your item was actually stolen otherwise they probably think you're trying to get a free unit from them.

Incredibly today a technician came to my building and I let him in and walked him around while he was doing his stuff. To my great surprise, what did I find laying on the floor in a corridor on a different floor than mine - My package!!

So UPS just dumped it there and didn't even bother to call. On the positive side, I am very glad to learn that apparently the people in my building are very honest, since it was left there untouched for more than three weeks now 🙂

DylanTheDopeDea
Explorer
That's actually dope as fuck im glad you got your stuff and thats good to know that you dont have to worry about people stealing your stuff

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's actually dope as fuck im glad you got your stuff and thats good to know that you dont have to worry about people stealing your stuff

They may have !!  
Then put it back when they realised they had to use Facebook.. J\K
:smiley: 

falken76
Expert Consultant

Does anyone know what else I can do?

File a claim with UPS.