cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050Ti

u12k59
Honored Guest

I currently have the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050Ti installed as my dedicated GPU on my MSI gaming laptop. On the Oculus Link Compatibility page, it states that all the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30-series are supported. Upon launching the Oculus app from my computer, I get the following message: "Your system's graphics card is incompatible with the Rift system software." Originally, I thought the issue was that the Oculus app wouldn't associate to my dedicated GPU. I spent the better part of a week trying to correct this issue, even going so far as to take it in for professional technical support. I reached out to Oculus Support twice and was each time assured that the 3050Ti was indeed supported. After my third attempt to get assistance from the Oculus Support team, I finally received the following response via email: 

"Upon reviewing the current your currently GPU that was released recently. And yet we haven't released an             updated version for your current GPU. As we know sooner or later we will push for an update but still, no               definite timeframe yet. We recommend that you proceed with our UserVoice. Our channel allows you to                 provide feedback on Oculus hardware and software to follow up by clicking here 

And in addition For the two GPUs, it will not affect the compatibility case. Our system will automatically                  detect the dedicated GPU and not the integrated one"

Grammatical errors aside, they finally decided to come clean and more or less admit that their page is inaccurate and that I had been falsely reassured on multiple occasions. I am writing this post not to vent my frustrations, but rather to inform others of the difficulties I have had and hopefully keep them from experiencing the headache I just have. 

P.S. the hyperlink gave me an error 404.

7 REPLIES 7

Dictatortot2899
Explorer

I think it's not supported because it is the mobile version of the RTX 3050ti which only has 4GB of VRAM compared to the desktop version which has 6GB. This means it is not as powerful as the desktop version.

Thanks, that's good to know and saves me the heartache in buying a laptop with that GPU.  I went through that same ordeal a couple years ago buying a Razer Blade 13 with the 1650 ti which is not supported. Oh, also I bought the Asus G14 with the RTX 3060 and told my laptop didn't meet the minimum specs.  

you might be able to use virtual desktop if you have a quest 2 but you might not get a reliable connection .

i also talked to customer support and they said that they don't know when you can use the laptop version

Oculus recommends the RX 480 or better and that only has 4GB.

popjames1
Explorer

I to am having this problem 

hamishtodd1
Honored Guest

Same here. Absolutely ridiculous for Oculus not to be on it, how long can it take to add one **bleep** name to a list.

I'm able to use SteamVR with my Quest 2 and my (new! Expensive!) 3050Ti laptop. So I know it must be possible in principle. But the thing stutters horribly. Please fix this occulus!