cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help With Oculus Quest Link

twall333
Honored Guest
I am currently using a 2018 helios 300 that has a desktop gtx 1060 inside of it and am trying to use the oculus quest link through its usb 3.0 port with an amazon basics usbc 3.1 to usb 3.1 type A that is proven to work and the headset is detected and shows as all green and connected but when i go to play a game in the oculus store it says "you have a pending hardware issue that is preventing you from entering vr" and gives me a choice to cancel or go to device settings. I need help on getting this to work with this laptop. Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

Crazy_Sane
Superstar
Hi,
Did you enable Oculus Link in the general settings menu on the Quest? I think you also have to allow the connection from inside the Quest each time you connect.

GuruShastry
Explorer
it should work, is it the 6gb? does it go into link on the quest so you can see the new layout etc what game were you trying to play?

twall333
Honored Guest

Hi,
Did you enable Oculus Link in the general settings menu on the Quest? I think you also have to allow the connection from inside the Quest each time you connect? 

Yes I select enable oculus link beta in the headset and it goes to load and then nothing happens.

twall333
Honored Guest

it should work, is it the 6gb? does it go into link on the quest so you can see the new layout etc what game were you trying to play?

Yes its the 6gb, and it asks me to enable it inside the headset when i first plug it in and i always select enable but it goes to a loading screen and nothing happens. I never reach the new layout and it i get the same error with all games including steam vr.