cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help setting up Oculus Quest & Yaw VR chair for child with disability

pcheetah
Honored Guest

Hi -- I hope this is the right place to post. I'm relatively new to VR and new to the Yaw chair. My son has severe autism and loves VR and roller coasters -- we have the Oculus Quest as well as the Yaw chair  -- but he is not able to control the VR device on his own. What we want is to be able to put him in the chair and control everything externally so that we do not have to keep putting on the VR headset, starting the ride and quickly switching him into place.

With a lot of trial and error (for us) we have managed to get to the point where we have tethered the Oculus Quest to a computer system and can see what the user sees on the screen. However, I have not been able to control it or make selections of rides or start, etc. , from the computer -- the person in the headset still has to control the experience.

Also, it seems like every time we want to use it we have to connect the chair to the app on phone or ipad, connect the Oculus to the chair through the headset, then login to the casting website on the computer OR the oculus website with the game (Epic roller coasters) downloaded. And then after all that it seems the wearer of the headset still has to control the experience.

Can anyone out there advise me how to set things up more easily so that we could just put my son in the chair with the headset, and do all the rest on the connected computer? (Dell/Alienware)?

Thanks very much in advance.

1 REPLY 1

Anonymous
Not applicable
If I'm remembering correctly the ride can be started by the player pulling the guard rail thingy down. Have you tried estimating where the guard rail is and using one of the controllers pull it down for him?