cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New oculus quest wont update at all

YaHomie19
Explorer
Hello all, ive just bought a new oculus quest. Ive done the setup with the phone and it is connected and it said the download for the update was completed. Altough i know im not in the updated version cause i cant open the browser cause it says im downloading an update. I can download games but the instals always fails. I see no update bar on my phone on or the oculus quest. Ive let it do its things for a couple hours and nothing happened. Ive factory reset multiple times. I cant even open the settings in the oculus cause it wont open. on my phone my headset version is 213561.4150.0. Anyone know what i need to do? Ive been doing this all day and honestly im mad. thanks
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have same issue. Appears many are. Bought today. Not good first experience. 

bobbywg
Protege
considering retuning it. not worth it tbh.

Anonymous
Not applicable
It’ll get fixed. JUst will take time. 

J3R1CHO_13
Protege
Exact same problem. 

DJDigitalSquirr
Explorer
Just received my Oculus Quest as well.... Can activate it, can play Demo Beat Saber and the Tutorial ONLY...Everything else either won't launch or won't finish installing. Keep getting "Install failed". Contacted both Bearsaber support and Oculus Support. Really dissappointed I feel like I wasted quite a bit on this hoping it would work. 

watson4913
Honored Guest
Mine worked fine .Check your wifi connection . Mine cut out a couple of times but not while I was downloading.

DS_Quest0004
Honored Guest
mine is still showing "Update in Progress" and can't open any unknown source apps. Any suggestion?

YaHomie19
Explorer
Yo Factory reset it. Should work now