cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No command

FUGAZIPUNK
Honored Guest

My headset says no command whom turn on boot up. 

11 REPLIES 11

wilza7
Expert Protege

my guess would be a corrupt firmware from an upgrade.  so thats either RMA it with oculus support, or force reloading one yourself.

thank you mate not sure what RMA means

BeatSlayerNZ
Honored Guest

I am having the same issue. I can't access to the boot menu to do a factory reset either. Did anyone manage to sort this out? 

wilza7
Expert Protege

RMA - return merchandise authorization.  basically the shop or manufacturer has agreed you should send it back so they can sort it out.

If POWER and VOL- isn't working, you could try doing a remote factory reset from the app:

Settings > Oculus Quest > More Settings > Advanced Settings > Factory Reset

As far as I know, that's the only way to fix it.

PyroSA
Honored Guest

That's what I currently have.

No Command. Purple Light Blinks. Cannot get into POWER & VOL-.
Tried reset deleting it from profile, but since it's not connecting to WIFI that won't exactly do anything.

Talking to support - but no word on how to RMA yet...

TrainingCEO
Honored Guest

For most people, holding the power button for 10-15 seconds gets it to reboot as normal (worked for me as well).

chris.honke.5
Honored Guest

But even if you can boot by holding the power button, does this error indicate a problem with the firmware?  Reason I ask:  getting massive stuttering inside games and I have this error.

Formalised
Honored Guest

This happened to me, so I went upstairs to find out how to fix it on my laptop, then when I went back downstairs to try and fix the problem, my oculus just started working as normal. No "no command" message at all, just my oculus telling me to confirm my guardian boundary. So, I guess my oculus just fixed itself.