cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Impressed by Oculus Quest 2

silviogpt
Sightseer
I bought an Oculus Quest 2 and I am not at all impressed.
First, a bad thing is that it was launched in some European countries but not all, there is available in Germany, Spain, but Portugal not. I had to import the product online, and European online sites sell more expensive than the official price, some sell it for 400 euros.
At a technical level I think that 2k  resolution is bad, another bad aspect is not having an SD card port. We can only transfer data with a computer to Oculus with a special data cable or USB C adaptor.
Sorry my english.

There are several VR headset on the market, which already have 4K resolution (better), examples Pico g2 and Deepoon DPVR P1, and which have an SD card slot, which makes it easier to put media files.
Oculus quest 2 also has a very slow download via the browser. I don't mean downloads from the Oculus online shop from their servers, but from the net browser. I used 100mbps wifi internet and tried OCULUS in the browser to download it and it took an eternity to download the file.
So I will never buy any game at the Oculus shop, and the bad quality of 2k resolution didn't impress me at all.
10 REPLIES 10

artscout
Protege

If anything the only bad thing about the quest 2 is not having an IPD slider and having such a tiny sweet spot..

Well there's no slider, just manual adjustment via moving lenses. 
i7-8700, RTX 3080, 32Gb RAM, 2x1 TB NVME, Quest 2.