cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OQ will not power on from off status if already connected to power pack?

Trance_Gemini
Explorer
Help with a niggle please: If I press the OQ power button my device boots normally. I can then extend battery life by adding a nice phat 20,000mAh power pack using the USB A to C cable.  However, if I connect the power pack first and then press the power button, the HMD only shows charging status.  Connecting the power pack, press-and-holding the power button for more than ten seconds has a 50:50 chance of booting - but I tend not to like doing this as it seems unreasonable pressure on the power button.  Is this a bug? Or, (Dev. suggestion) given that battery status is still a useful function, can press-and-hold be replaced with a double-tap/press? Cheers.
1 REPLY 1

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Ya, mine does the same with an external battery pack connected.  Just press and hold the power button until the Oculus logo appears (10-15s) on your screen, then release it.

Alternatively without the pack connected press and hold until the logo appears, the release it.  Since this only requires holding the button down for about 3-5s, I find it faster to do this and just connect my battery pack after startup.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers