cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OVR(88948175) Oculus Software not working

I tried at my work to install the Oculus Software and we are aware of the problem that you can't install this software when there are some changes to the user and the admin of the device. Or it has something to do with the domain I don't know. So before we install anything or change anything at the new laptop we always install Oculus first. I have been in the main Menu and everything worked just fine but then when I changed Users to a normal User it gives me this error code again. I don't know how to fix this. I am on the admin user it still won't work and I always get the same error code. I also tried to change the reg keys but this also didn't work. Please help because this bug is obviously known but not fixed?

5 REPLIES 5

OculusSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there Fabian.Sauerbrey2009. Errors are not fun when setting up the Oculus app. Not to worry, we are happy to get this sorted out for you. 

So we can help you better can you please answer the following:

• Was the app installed not on the admin profile?
  • Is the app installed on the C drive?
  • Do you have the required 4gb space for the install?
  • A repair app may not fix error messages received.

We look forward to helping  you further once we have this information. You can also pm us log notes to see where we can quickly help you. 

Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

- It has been installed on the Admin Profile before we set anything up

- Yes it is installed on the C Drive

- Its a new Pc with 1 TB Drive Space, so yeah.

- I dont know what you mean with the last point /:

Hello again.

Could you please collect logs and send them to support in chat or email here. I have provided steps for you to collect log notes to make this go as quickly as possible for you below:

• 1. Open the Run window (Windows key + R). 
  • 2. Enter and run: C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics\OculusLogGatherer.exe * The above link is the default directory. Bear in mind that if you installed the Oculus PC app to another drive you will need to update the command with the correct file path. 
  • 3. Select the checkbox next to ‘Full logs’. 
  • 4. Select "1 day" from the "Collect last" drop down list. 
  • 5. Wait for the log collection to finish. This can take some time to complete. 
  • 6. The program will automatically generate a zip file containing your logs, which will be saved to your desktop automatically. 
  • 7. Attach the newly created zip file to your next support response.

We look forward to hearing from you so we can get you back to gaming quickly. We will work with you until we have resolved your issue.

Hi there .zip is not supported in your respone system. The link for the Email is also not working. Just give me an email adress or download the zip from the following

Best Regards

Fabian Sauerbrey

Hey @fabian.Sauerbrey2009,

Having trouble finding email and chat support? Let's get you there with all your good PC info right away!

Here are some options for contacting your Meta Support Team regarding software issues, including email and chat. When you contact support either of these ways, you should be easily able to attach a zip file with the paperclip for us to analyze.

Have a great day!