cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Home Unlocked Decorations and limited decorations gone

EntityII_
Protege

As I believe I am the unique one who has this bug as I haven't seen any other person have this specific problem. Maybe I can find someone out there who has come up with a solution to fix this in the crowd of Oculus Home users.

Recently I've been messing around more with Air Link as I've finally been able to get it to work as I mentioned in my last post. I noticed you can decorate and get items for your Oculus Home when you have it linked to the PC via Air Link or Cable Link so I decided to give it a shot and decorate it with the variety of items I have. There's a bunch of items that are of limited use, but I used most of them in the decorating because I thought it'd be neat to try and recreate my IRL home setup somehow. Before doing this, however, I did place a couple of items from my inventory like the Game Library Decorations you had into My Place, and made sure it was my default room so I could always come back. Anyways, I placed it down and waited a bit because there doesn't seem to be a way to "save room" and promptly exit the Air Link via the menu then turned off the quest.

Came back the next day to find the items I've placed in the room to be gone and went back to my Decorations Inventory to place it back. It was then that I was prompted with the message "This item is in another room, remove it from that room to place it in this one" or something along those lines. I checked My Places and found nothing besides my Default Place to which I then checked my Place History and found nothing but the one My Place. I probably should have seen this as a red flag, but assumed I did something wrong, so I did things a little differently and Reset All Decorations then placed them back. I then waited a little bit then Reloaded the My Place to make sure that it was saved, the Place reloaded, and to your unsurprised reaction, everything was gone. The room was empty, my inventory gave me the same message from the decorations I place "This item is in another room," and now I'm here.

I know this is long so for a short recap:

- I placed decorations in My Place, waited a little bit, and ended the Air Link, turned off Oculus.
- Came back the next day, everything was gone, checked My Place history and found only the Default Place.
- Reset My Place, placed all Decorations back, waited a little bit, and Reloaded My Place, all decorations were gone, the repeated process above and checked everywhere for my Decorations and they were gone.

As I said, I mainly made this post because I couldn't find any help on it and so far nobody has gotten back to me. I put in another ticket hoping to get some help, but maybe a user has already found a fix for this out there somewhere.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

EntityII_
Protege

UPDATE: This seems to be an issue with Air Link itself as whenever a decoration is placed into any of your own My Places, the items "vanish". In reality, all of your items are still there but are in the Cable Link instance only (At least, now they are) Odd how this works. I decided to give Cable Link another try as I haven't in a couple of days and found that all the stuff I had placed into the Air Link instance of My Place were there, but the ones in the Air Link of My Place were gone. I'll give the Air Link another shot to see if it somehow became Linked with the Cable Link.

I'll end my thread here as it seems another thread has existed under the radar.

Oculus home rooms randomly empty? - Oculus Community - 864556 (oculusvr.com)

Re: Link Homes missing items. - Oculus Community - 864488 (oculusvr.com)

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

KT_Phoenix
Protege

Same thing here except the problem is occurring in my Rift CV1 Homes. Several of us have tickets in. So far, the only suggestions are akin to reboot your pc or turn off your antivirus. We are waiting on a real solution.

Pretty much the same thing for me like rebooting the oculus, turning on Public Test Channel, or repairing the app none of which worked. Just glad to see someone else with the problem as every time I look it up anywhere it just gives me tips and tricks on how to decorate your Oculus Home.

EntityII_
Protege

It almost feels like there is multiple instances of My Place, but that's now how it works since it is one per account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

there is already a thread about this issue:

Alot of users are expierencing the same problem, 
PLZ REPORT IT TO SUPPORT AND FILL A TICKET
There is also a facebook group about homes
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1763906296996621

Thank you for linking this thread as I may have never been able to find it. I have reported it and now have more insight as to what may be the issue from my own experimentation.

EntityII_
Protege

UPDATE: This seems to be an issue with Air Link itself as whenever a decoration is placed into any of your own My Places, the items "vanish". In reality, all of your items are still there but are in the Cable Link instance only (At least, now they are) Odd how this works. I decided to give Cable Link another try as I haven't in a couple of days and found that all the stuff I had placed into the Air Link instance of My Place were there, but the ones in the Air Link of My Place were gone. I'll give the Air Link another shot to see if it somehow became Linked with the Cable Link.

I'll end my thread here as it seems another thread has existed under the radar.

Anonymous
Not applicable

i dont think it was airlink because even users without airlink (as myself) had the same problem, i say HAD because its all back, yeeeey

anyway, join our facebook page and share your homes with us.... 😜

Yeah, I got on Air Link shortly after and it worked all the same. Probably was fixed while I went to sleep lol. Wish I could leave edits on my "solution" when I ended the thread. I'll hop in and share once I redecorate!