cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Link Audio Cutting out

Nadav2005
Level 3

I have been using Oculus Link for almost two months and I very like it, until two weeks ago there were no problems at all.

Two weeks ago when I came to play Beat Saber. I noticed that the sound that comes out of the headset includes the sound if the headphones are connected to the headset sounds interrupted (sound is cutting down every several seconds).

I did not think that the problem was terrible so I did a restart to the computer and the headset, and noticed that nothing has changed. I then deleted the Oculus software on my computer.

And once again did not help, I did a factory reset for the headset and also did not help, I tried 2 usb 3 cables that I know for sure are working.
I tried two different computers that support virtual reality. I searched a lot of solutions on youtube but nothing helped.

But when I didn't use link the sound is excellent with no issues. Even when I use virtual desktop.

my routher is pretty bad, and I really liked the link. I'd love for someone to help me.

7 REPLIES 7

bosssschetar
Level 3
i have the same issue. I am using the oficial cable link but the same issue. Even with external headphones i receive the same cutting sound 

Nadav2005
Level 3

i have the same issue. I am using the oficial cable link but the same issue. Even with external headphones i receive the same cutting sound 

Did you find a solution?

B1uto
Level 2
Reporting same issue.  Been rock solid with quest link on quest 1 for 4 months.  Quest native is fine.  When jumping into PCVR, menu audio is low, and choppy.  In multiplayer people's voices are extremely low.  Media playback audio is choppy. Quest version 23, Oculus version 25.

Thank you

bosssschetar
Level 3
Guys for me I found the solution. I changed the Bitrate from 500 mbps to 250 mbps. After this step, the sound was good

Nadav2005
Level 3

Guys for me I found the solution. I changed the Bitrate from 500 mbps to 250 mbps. After this step, the sound was good

i love you mannnnnnnnn

How do you change the bitrate?

I changed the bitrate from the default to 250 mbps @ Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics\OculusDebugTool.exe.  It did not resolve the Oculus Link audio stutter.