cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Link Compatibility - Supported GPUs for Oculus Link

sakervr.general
Honored Guest

Oculus Link compatibility | Meta Store (facebook.com)

Is there an updated list of GPUs that are supported for Oculus link?  

The NVIDIA site lists their latest GPUs.  

VR Ready Solutions For Recommended Systems | NVIDIA

Before I buy a laptop with an RTX A3000 card, can anyone confirm that this will work with Oculus link?

7 REPLIES 7

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! Shopping for a new laptop can be super fun. Feel free to use the Oculus Link Compatibility article as a reference while you shop. Treat yourself!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Does Oculus link work with an NVIDIA RTX A3000 card?

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Saker,

Following your request, this list: https://store.facebook.com/en-gb/help/quest/articles/headsets-and-accessories/oculus-link/oculus-lin... is effectively the updated one.

However, the NVIDIA RTX A3000 should normally support the RV. The raw performance should be similar to the GeForce RTX 3060 for laptops at the same TGP level. Please note that only the new version dating from 2022 has enough memory (12GB). Indeed, the previous versions have a memory of 6GB which is not enough. 

Don't hesitate to ask for a second opinion from the seller if you buy in a store to be sure.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

And its supported with Gtx 1050 TI? Bc it wasnt There! 

Hey there, @HunorTheBoss! We can definitely understand your concerns with the different graphics cards that are or aren't compatible with link. If it's not listed on the link previously provided, then the card isn't officially supported. Hopefully this helps! 

throughthetrees
Honored Guest

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad with a coreI9 12900HX and 12gb A3000.  I have tried to connect it to my quest2 using Airlink and get an error that says "your computer does not meet the updated minimum specifications"

My drivers are up to date.  Any thoughts on why this is happening and how to get these apps running in the quest2?

I would like to be able to use the machine for gravity sketch and substance modeler.

Thanks

A3000 is not supported.  It doesn't have the hvec 264 encoder to stream.