cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Oculus Link Freezing Quest

Happyduckk
Level 3
So yesterday (11/22) I was using the Link for ours and I had no issues, but today any oculus link games are freezing inside the headset. The games are perfectly fine on my PC, but the headset will freeze and I'll need to power off/restart the headset in order for it to do anything again.
Anybody else having this problem? :Has anyone found a fix for this?
Thanks πŸ™‚

P.S: . I have made sure that no cables are disconnected when the freezing occurs.
        . I have a high-end PC, so specs aren't the problem
        . This has occurred with all of my Link compatible games, not just one specific game.
        . I have the recommended Anker USB cable, so hopefully that isn't the issue
155 REPLIES 155

TheTonaZ
Level 4
i ended up thinking that is a mix of reasons. First, Link is beta. Then other reasons are about cables, kind of mobo, psu, ecc... ecc... literarly infinite. How the game you run is coded as well...).
For example, i use the Anker "official" with a good quality 5mt ACTIVE extender.
An active extender with aux power-in needs another cable connected to another USB (2.0 is ok as well).

It was disconnecting all the time...

Then i plugged the aux power cable in a 2 ampere quick recharger from Huawei, instead of  plugging to another usb port on my pc.
Now it doesn't disconnect. (still testing btw, but it's clearly better).

softtouchph
Level 3
Since I use the official link cable, I dont have any issue anymore. It even works fine with my laptop with a "non-supported" NVidia 1060m, but only with the official link cable. With my active usb 3 extension, it wont work with my laptop (but with my desktop pc). I can plug it into any of the USB 3 ports of the laptop and it works fine.

PWal83
Level 4
Has anyone had this problem with software version 13? I'm still waiting for the update so can't try yet sadly, I hate that there is no update now button on the software.

TheTonaZ
Level 4
13? im still on 12. could be because of rollout planning who knows. who is on 13?

NumberAlone
Level 3

13? im still on 12. could be because of rollout planning who knows. who is on 13?

Im on 13. Its even worse than it was.. now its almost instant freeze (under a minute). I hope im not right about this but at this point i think they are doing it on purpose  just to make you buy their cable.

Moredasm
Level 2
Same here. Link was working just fine on 12, but after update to 13 (both Quest and PC) its almost an instant freeze. Using 10f Anker cable. I found that if I plug into usb 3.1 port instead of 3.0 it actually works, been able to play an hour without a single freeze.

TheTonaZ
Level 4
for me it is even wrost... get v13 on quest... cant get v13 on app, still v12. result, link broken, again

FolkSong
Level 4
For me Quest v13 works with PC app v14, but the display in the headset freezes after some time. I can still see the mirror on the monitor working as I move the headset around. On v12/v12 it worked fine.

edit: After some time I tried again with v14 and it worked fine, played over an hour with no freezing. I did set the Quest to default audio device first, not sure if that was the solution or just a coincidence.

iTesla8
Level 4
The current solution is to play by Wireless method using VR Desktop sideloaded through sidequest and play Steam games, there are no freezes happen only glitches but better than nothing, the quality depends on Wi-Fi speed.

To play Wireless Rift games, you need to install Revive and launch your games from the Revive tab in the SteamVR Dashboard.

My Own PC Build: NZXT Source S340 White > Corsair RM1000i > Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming > CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.5Ghz > Deepcool Captain120 EX > RAM KHX2400C15/16G | 4pcs = 64GB > Asus GTX1070 Dual O8G > Samsung U32J59xUQ 4K > Realtek High Definition Audio > Intel SSD 760p Series PCIE/NVMe M2.1 1TB > Intel SSD 600p Series PCIE/NVMe M2.2 1TB > AZIO Retro Classic Copper > Razer Mamba Hyperflux = Oculus Quest/Link

PWal83
Level 4
I'm honestly considering selling my quest, it's not fun to have something that worked well break with every update, version 11 was better for me than the last update and I've not even had a chance to try 13 as the pc software won't update. 

I can't understand why I can't use the old version of the software, I'd be a happy customer if I could, instead I'm getting annoyed because I can't use it and it cost me a lot of money.

I'd be less annoyed if oculus actually told us what the road map was for oculus link, and told us they are aware of the problems.