cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Link - Help please!

Julianm
Honored Guest
Hey,

I just bought a Oculus Quest and tryed to connect it to my Laptop (AMD Ryzen 7 3750H with AMD Radeon RX Vega 10 Graphics / Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti), i startet the setup in the Oculus app on my PC, it now shows my Quest with a red X, when i click on it it says Connected and  aktive with a green mark and No Headset-Audio with a red X, but it plays the sound from my PC on the Quest when i watch a video. I selected "start oculus link beta" in my quest but the only thing that happens are 3 white dots appearing for 5 minutes and after that i get a black screen. I tried to restart it a few times but it won't get better.

I use a USB C 3.1 to USB A 3.1 caple and extendet it with a Female USB A 3.1 to Male USB A 3.1 Cable. Both got 5Gbit/s.

Please help me and merry Christmas. 
3 REPLIES 3

Tererepy
Honored Guest
Help! this is happening to me too, with the same PC

Anonymous
Not applicable
Check the GPU temp when it is stuck at loading the dots see if it very high.
I had a hanging issue recently due to high temps, my thinking is that Link requires high end video card to work without issues.
P.s. my GPU is GTX 1070 O8G Dual one pcs.

YEETmanz
Honored Guest
Omg  my friend owns an oculus rift and i owned an oculus quest i had the same exact problem as you and i have your answer,  so what you do is you press the windows key, then type in device manager, go to display adaptors, then go to your vega 10 graphics and disable that trust me nothing bad will happen, then restart your computer, then go on your headset plug in the oculus link cable or anker cable whatever you have and start oculus link. your welcome

Btw i have the exact same specs as juliamm