cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Link Lagging after Update Version 23.0 (Link out of Beta)

SomaMichel
Honored Guest
Hi,
Has anyone else experienced massive lagging of the general performance of the Quest 2 with the new Oculus Link Update?
It was working fine for me yesterday, before the update getting the usual 60-90 fps, now after some seconds I get 5 fps or less.
Im developing for VR in Unity, so I constantly have an eye on the performance profiler and I know I didnt change anything else.
Only afterwards I updated my nvidia driver to see if that would help but it didnt.

I already noticed the lagging with the last beta release of the Oculus PC app, but i reverted back to the main branch due to the lagging.

Maybe someone has another idea on how to fix this.
Cheers
Michel

4 REPLIES 4

SomaMichel
Honored Guest
System Specs:
Oculus Quest 2 

Systemmodell: GV72 8RE
System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version: 10.0.18363 Build 18363
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 MHz, 6 Kern(e), 12 logische(r) Prozessor(en)
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060

Using Anker Cable USB 3.0

achillesheel
Honored Guest
Im seeing this also on quest 1 with official link cable and the certified anker cable as well. 

System specs:
Quest 1
Win 10 pro Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
GTX 2070

Shadowblujay
Honored Guest
This happens to me with official quest cable too,
specs:
rtx 2060 super
ryzen 5 3600x
32 gb vengeance lpx ddr4 @ 3000 mhz
win 10 home

Alex_fr_62
Honored Guest
Hello,

Same issue for me so sad 😞
My config new Portable TUF GAMING A17  win 10, Ryzen7, nvidia 1660ti, 16 g RAM
i have downgraded my Ryzen better connection for the cable but still lag (A non official Cable but connected at  2.6Ghz).

Virtual desktop seems to work fine but not enough wifi connection for me..(tried ethernet... same problem)
I think the problem is the oculus application because when i play asgard wrath that lag but when i play gta5 (full setting with virtual desktop no problem).

So desappointed.. pc+oculus+accessories+game+appli and  i have to wait for playing such game as asgard or alyx.

Hope a great update for christmas!! o:)

Happy Christmas!