cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Link No Man's Sky - no man's VR :(

ian_s_williams
Honored Guest
Hi all,

I have Oculus Link up and running on my PC. Framerates are good although I do get quite frequent crashes (which I'm willing to tolerate, this being a beta and all). However, I simply can't get NMS to start in VR from Steam. Other games start up (and run) fine (Elite, Euro Truck 2) but NMS runs only in desktop, even though I choose SteamVR from the start-up options. In the headset I get a completely black screen.

I'm running a GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, all up to date, and using an Anker cable.

Any advice/insights appreciated.

Thanks!
8 REPLIES 8

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Have you tried launching from within SteamVR Home? I find that to be the most reliable way to start SteamVR games. With the Oculus app already running, I click the VR button on the Steam desktop app, then put on the headset and use the menu in the SteamVR Home environment to launch the game. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

ian_s_williams
Honored Guest
Ah, OK - thanks for the suggestion. I _think_ I’ve tried that but I’ll have another look...

ian_s_williams
Honored Guest
Brilliant - that did the trick. Thanks @nalex66. Happy New Year!

DarkLordTAKu
Honored Guest
I'm having the same issue and launching from SteamVR is not helping. It just hangs on the Start splash (even though the game opens on my desktop)

Other games work fine in SteamVR using the link.

rovnick
Honored Guest
hey did you manage to fix it im having the same problem

Umpa_PC
Rising Star

I'm having the same issue and launching from SteamVR is not helping. It just hangs on the Start splash (even though the game opens on my desktop)

Other games work fine in SteamVR using the link.

did you start steam first and make sure your logged in ?
Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.

rovnick
Honored Guest
yes

rovnick
Honored Guest
other games are working