cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Oculus Link Problem] Oculus Software - Quest Update required - No Update available.

oculusfreakhh
Honored Guest
Hello, i have a problem.

The Oculus Software on my PC tells me that for the Oculus Link is a Quest Software update required. But in the Quest, there is no Update available.

Any ideas ?
39 REPLIES 39

briochebro
Honored Guest

how do i even disable autoupdates?
This is exactly what i expected to happen as facebook stepped in

On your phone, in the Oculus app, go into Settings, click on your device, then "More Settings", then "Advanced settings". Then turn off "Update Software Automatically".

In the Windows app, go to Settings > General, and turn off "Automatic App Updates".

Apehjerne
Protege

On your phone, in the Oculus app, go into Settings, click on your device, then "More Settings", then "Advanced settings". Then turn off "Update Software Automatically".

Are you sure? There is no such option on my end.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh what a relief to see that I am not the only one suffering. Sorry guys but it feels good to have you on the same side. Thanks bro for making it clear where to disable updates on Quest but I guess that this “ auto on ” feature should not lead us all in this situation. Therefore it is about time that the devs notice that there is an urgent need to act. By the way it is not the first bug I stumbled upon. So about the downgrade of the firmware I think I read online that it is possible to do this via sidequest. Registring your fake company, loosing the warranty and all the usual stuff. Just wondering does anyone know the download link for the working apk file or firmware?

andrea_tarricon
Honored Guest
Same Here! Oculus Link died...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yea Apehjerne, I can confirm this. I ve seen the options for disabling updates... unfortunately too late. Welcome on board on the sunken Quest!,Andrea!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I get that same message, an update is required for Quest.
However I have version 13 on Quest and 14 PTC on PC. 
Oculus Link not working.

FreiherrSeymore
Protege
FINALLY got the PC app update to v13 after a restart and can confirm link is working just fine again (Quest 13/PC 13)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Got us all jealous now, do not forget to turn off all updates I guess.... any hints for the unlucky ones?

FreiherrSeymore
Protege
I made the 12/14 update process at least 8 times today, was on 12 at last, tried to connect in the quest (black screen 5sec) and switched off the PC. After restarting for moviesession i saw 13.00xx finally. 
I must say its working great and i feel Skyrim (300+Mods) runs and Looks even a little better now. 
Please Oculus, just fix your communication!

Peace_O_Pie
Explorer

I made the 12/14 update process at least 8 times today, was on 12 at last, tried to connect in the quest (black screen 5sec) and switched off the PC. After restarting for moviesession i saw 13.00xx finally. 
I must say its working great and i feel Skyrim (300+Mods) runs and Looks even a little better now. 
Please Oculus, just fix your communication!

Can you manually force the app to 13 or do you just have to wait?