cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Oculus Link Problem] Oculus Software - Quest Update required - No Update available.

oculusfreakhh
Honored Guest
Hello, i have a problem.

The Oculus Software on my PC tells me that for the Oculus Link is a Quest Software update required. But in the Quest, there is no Update available.

Any ideas ?
39 REPLIES 39

FreiherrSeymore
Protege
They give you no option to do anything by yourself. I just shut down the system and two hours later after restart it was v13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Conclusion: In the mean time while waiting ... buy a device that actually works and does not ask you to do a firmware reset in case you decide to change your password... Prove me wrong that actually someone official cares what we are discussion here.

and by the way I solved the problem like this: it might work for all of you as well so just let me know and for the sake of all those poor souls who found this post.
Go to Settings -> Beta -> Activate Public Test Channel
in order to force an update.
Bingo ! all software updates will be synced and your LINK will work again until the next single update I suppose....so disable PTC again.

Just to be clear:
No I do not work for oculus support
No I wont rate the quest 5 Stars due to too many software bugs
No I will not help in any further oculus software problems because honestly thats the job of someone else.

and yes I just asked for a refund even that it now works for me

Post here
User voice
https   -->  oculus.uservoice.com/forums/921937-oculus-quest?query=update
 if you care about improvements

Peace_O_Pie
Explorer

how do i even disable autoupdates?
This is exactly what i expected to happen as facebook stepped in

On your phone, in the Oculus app, go into Settings, click on your device, then "More Settings", then "Advanced settings". Then turn off "Update Software Automatically".

In the Windows app, go to Settings > General, and turn off "Automatic App Updates".

Yeah, even if you turn off "Automatic App Updates" the actual Oculus App will still update automatically.  It just won't update the apps that you have in your library.

When I run the repair tool it updates me to version 13.  Within minutes it starts to automatically roll me back to version 12.  Clicking the pause or X next to the download does nothing.  Turning on PTC, it updates me to version 14, turning off PTC rolls me back to 12.

Even though the "What's New" under the "Oculus Software Update" gives release notes for version 13, it still rolls back to version 12.

garfinnabag
Explorer

how do i even disable autoupdates?
This is exactly what i expected to happen as facebook stepped in

On your phone, in the Oculus app, go into Settings, click on your device, then "More Settings", then "Advanced settings". Then turn off "Update Software Automatically".

In the Windows app, go to Settings > General, and turn off "Automatic App Updates".

Yeah, even if you turn off "Automatic App Updates" the actual Oculus App will still update automatically.  It just won't update the apps that you have in your library.

When I run the repair tool it updates me to version 13.  Within minutes it starts to automatically roll me back to version 12.  Clicking the pause or X next to the download does nothing.  Turning on PTC, it updates me to version 14, turning off PTC rolls me back to 12.

Even though the "What's New" under the "Oculus Software Update" gives release notes for version 13, it still rolls back to version 12.

Try turning off internett thats what i am going to try

andrea_tarricon
Honored Guest
So, Oculus Staff is totally no comment on this situation? It's 2 days now... This is unbelievable, my quests are totally unusable.

garfinnabag
Explorer
Yes i did it i repaired the oculus app then i turned off the internett and pc then i started my pc and it worked, btw do not turn on internett and close the app before you do

andrea_tarricon
Honored Guest

Yes i did it i repaired the oculus app then i turned off the internett and pc then i started my pc and it worked, btw do not turn on internett and close the app before you do

- So you turn off the internet connection when the oculus app is opened?
- After the repair you got the v13?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Okay i may have solved it, 
In Windows, go to oculus app> Settings > Beta > Enable PTC. 
This will force the Download for V13.1 which is a 10 stage DL. 
once complete oculus App will restart itself and may update device drivers.
when app re-opens Disable PTC and restart the app Using: Options > Beta > restart Oculus. 
wait for restart, plug in your Quest via link, ensure device is connected properly on "devices". 
IN THE QUEST, enable LINK BETA.
Hope this helps. 

garfinnabag
Explorer

- So you turn off the internet connection when the oculus app is opened?
- After the repair you got the v13?

Like it goes back to v13 when you repair but it auto installs an update so you have to turn of the internett and restart the pc so it doesnt continue

garfinnabag
Explorer
Im gonna make it better to understand, i repaired the oculus app then it rolled backed to v13 but it install an update automatically so i turned the internett off and restarted my pc, i have not used internett while the apps open so i dont know but close the app before any internett