cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Link Screen Tearing and Flickering after v26 Update

AndExhale
Honored Guest

My Quest 2 was working fine before the v26 update but after I updated my Q2, screen flickering and tearing began to happen very frequently. Am I the only one experiencing this or is this a more widespread problem? Is there anyway to fix this? 

I tried to:

• Change OVR tasks to real-time priority.
  • Turn the USB-C Cable direction.
  • Unplug the cable and plug it back in.
  • Restart OVR Services.
  • Restart the Quest 2. 
  • Update NVIDIA Drivers.
  • Turned off ASW.
45 REPLIES 45

Atips
Honored Guest

Same issue here. it works once in a blue moon but most of the time unplayable. i have tried everything my specs:

RTX 2080

i7-9700k @ 3.60GHz

32GB ram

madog2020
Explorer

Update 

Got v27 , now the USB tester tool gives a red error when testing cables that appear  As if they are usb3 (green in the device screen) those cables that test with red have massive flicker and tearing ..

Cables that test with usb 2 but with no err are smooth but in usb 2

Note that I don't have the official cable to test with

What kind of bandwidth numbers are you getting? I'm trying to troubleshoot a new issue that cropped up where my official Link cable seems to drop as low as 250 Mbps in the test compared to the usual 2 Gbps. Wondering if it's related.

same here ... with cables that showed 1.7Gbps USB 3, I get 650MB USB3 but with a red error saying "Low Bandwith" 
the best I got get is 300MB on USB2 mode with no Error , using a  combination of an extension cable and  after flipping connector on a good USB3 cable 

thanks for letting me know the official cable is seeing the same issue .. I was about to buy one out of desperation ... are you also seeing the red errror ?

madog2020_0-1616929408594.png

Yeah anything below 1 Gbps on the official cable in USB 3 will result in a 'Low bandwidth' warning. I don't know if this is an issue on my side or V27 (I was kinda doubting it, but then I found your post).

The behaviour is really strange, if I reboot my system it seems to randomly go between 'ok' bandwidth, 1.2 Gbps, or 400 Mbps or even lower, and disconnecting and reconnecting the cable does nothing, the results are extremely consistent until I reboot my system, then it'll be another coin flip between 1.2 Gbps or very low bandwidth but so far never the 2.0 Gbps I had before.

Yes I see the same phenomenon with the restart

What motherboard do you have ?

Viscerous
Protege

An aging GA-Z87X-UD3H, but I'm seeing the same results plugged into the USB-C on my 2080S which uses an Nvidia USB-C controller and on a PCIe USB-C 3.1 card which uses an ASMedia controller. Quite odd.

Ok so we are both on intel (I have an asus x299 prime ) interesting to see if anyone else with AMD see this ...

Interesting that I got a PCIe ASMedia add-on card as well 

I am using a thunderbolt 2 cable ... I'll paste some screenshots showing that copying a file via the same cable from/to a thunderbolt SSD is showing that the cable is good 

I am 😞