cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Link cable with oculus quest 2 speeds....

XpertXP
Explorer

Hi all

I have a Quest 2, with the official Link cable.  When i plug it into my motherboard its an Asus Z490E Gaming, I run the speed test and I'm only seeing speeds of sub 1Gbps.  Why is this the case? I see other people getting speeds into the 3Gbps.

My CPU is an i7 10700k, 3070RTX, 32GB DDR4 Ram.

What can I do to improve the speed?

Thanks

81 REPLIES 81

XpertXP
Explorer

On mobile, won’t let me copy and paste, but this is the card - 

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 VENTUS 3X OC BV 8GB GDDR6 PCI Express 4.0 Graphics Card GeForce RTX 3070 VENTUS 3X OC BV , got it from Best Buy 

XpertXP
Explorer

Corsair CX650F RGB, 650 Watt, 80... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08FVFDYFD?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share This is the power supply 

Eldraad
Protege

I guess I should have asked earlier but when did you first use the Link cable?  I mean did you just get it and try the test or have you had it in your system for awhile? It might be missed by some people depending on the games they play.  I notice a HUGE difference in graphic intensive games but do not see a problem (well slightly if I look for it) in more cartoon style graphics games like Grapple Tournament or Ancient Dungeon.  In my case it was very noticeable and had a huge drop in the usb Gbps as stated between V26 and 27.  But you did say that you are on V26 in the headset, correct?  I believe if you open the settings on the quest headset and scroll down to find ABOUT it will tell you what version you are on AND give you the option to update...if it has rolled out in your area.

Comp: Asus Prime 750-P/16 Gigs Corsair V 3600/CPU 3700x/Gtx-1070 TI/750watt power supply...so nothing remotely the same...May have to resort to LtJamesWatts ideas OR wait a few days and see if there is a fix in the works. Watch the video channels that cover the Quest updates.  They usually mention upcoming fixes if there are problems.  If nothing, then you may have to sacrifice a few hours of your life. Humm, wonder if the problem is on the Oculus PC side of things...are you on the public beta channel? Try changing that first.  It was a PCVR problem on the beta channel that stopped Oculus from running when there was no internet once ( complained as we were losing internet alot here for awhile). I will now Shut Up (too late?).

So strange that a graphics card which is way better than mine doesn't have a USB-C port.

Decent power supply so nvm about that one, you're good for now.

LtJamesWatts
Expert Protege

Try first what Eldraad suggested and wait a few days to see if you get the update to 27.

Afterwards come back and let us know if the problem persists.

Does the 2060 super have a DP? Because I have a 2060 mobile and, while the laptop has a DP, the graphics card doesn’t (this was news to me, and is why I couldn’t get any other PCVR). If you go to NVIDIA control panel does it show that you have a DP port connected to your Nvidia card or just your intel card? It would just be an image of the two cards, one with a DP shaped image on it and one with (assumedly) an HDMI port shaped image on it. I’d be VERY surprised if they changed the fundamental architecture of the graphics card that much between the 2060 and 2060 super, as adding a new port would be far too much work for a variant. 

Sorry if that was something you already knew and cleared up, but this was a massive headache to me for months, and once I figured it out I told various people that were much more tech savvy than me, all of whom were surprised that their DP wasn’t connected to their graphics card.  I’m just trying to clarify for other users that, having a DP doesn’t mean it’s wired to your GPU. 

That being said, I was getting the full amount of GB before v25 by using said DP and official link cable. 

Howie_Doodat
Rising Star

Also, I just got v27! (Maybe excited? Skeptical..).  When I get a chance later I’ll test the GB then if it’s not satisfactory I’ll take the hit and factory reset, then test both the tracking and the GB again 

On the PC app or your headset?

Yes the 2060 Super has a DP port and although it only comes with an HDMI cable you will never get everything out of the card unless you use a DP cable.
Ofc your monitor also needs to have a DP port.

Have a guide for that with every setting you need to change in the nVidia control panel.

Now maybe its different between brands.
Here's the GPU I have, Asus ROG-STRIX-RTX2060S-O8G-EVO-GAMING.