cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Link cable with oculus quest 2 speeds....

XpertXP
Level 3

Hi all

I have a Quest 2, with the official Link cable.  When i plug it into my motherboard its an Asus Z490E Gaming, I run the speed test and I'm only seeing speeds of sub 1Gbps.  Why is this the case? I see other people getting speeds into the 3Gbps.

My CPU is an i7 10700k, 3070RTX, 32GB DDR4 Ram.

What can I do to improve the speed?

Thanks

81 REPLIES 81

Keep us posted, thx 😀

LtJamesWatts
Level 5

I finally received the update to V27 even used another and new Oculus Link cable and after the speedtest mine doesn't go higher than 1.1 Gbps.
For me personally it doesn't disturb.

What does still happens though, even with the new cable, is that during gaming with the Link cable it regularly all of a sudden disconnects, asks me again "Allow access to data", I click "Deny" and then I get the option again to connect my Link cable.
I get the idea that this is a problem in the Oculus software on PC or the software in the goggles.
Gonna get in touch with Oculus support again and keep you guys updated.

LtJamesWatts
Level 5

Can you show me some posts of people who receive such high speeds upto 3 Gbps?
Did they just say this or did they actually showed results?
Preferred would be recent posts.
Thx 😀

Its most certainly not my internet connection cause I have a very high speed one.

vr360bln
Level 3

same here ... i used the Quest2 with a 3m Anker power line cable getting 3 GB/s and some cheap 5m cable getting always 2,4 GB/s now max. is 1.4 GB/s ... same problem with desktop connected on Aorus MB or with XMG laptop connected directly to RTX2060 ... latest Oculus software installed everywhere something 27.0.42 ...

And to say that I even tested with 2 official Oculus Link cables.
Hope to get an answer soon again from official support.
Always receive a fast reply from one of the support guys who is really trying to help.

May I ask when the problem of a slower connection started?
From which version of the software I mean.

what bitrate you normally had with the official cable and where connected? just wondering if it does more than 3 gb/s or is more stable or something...

Some people seem to report it was V26 but I saw the problem happen when my HMD updated to V27 later in the day, as I stated I went from 2.5 Gbps to 1.5-1.7 Gbps right after the update. There is a HUGE Disparity in the errors being reported...from visual Tearing to LINK crashes to tracking problems and HMDs that won't boot. This morning I started my VR pc and the Data test screen for Oculus link came up even though I never selected anything. I took the Oculus PC off of Public Beta and sat through 2 updates before it was ready (it was V27 on pc beta channel).  Connecting the link and running the data test I got 1.3 Gbps and running some games I was told that the Headset couldn't be tracked, even in Oculus Home.

I am beginning to think there were some problems in the V25, V26 and V27 updates and now they are beginning to affect each other in odd ways. My "Major Peeve" was with what seemed to start with V25 and Side Quest.  I WAS able to select texture resolution and raise it from Side Quest for Beautiful quality in Skyrim and Fallout 4 but when I try it (v25 and up) it kicks me out of LINK.

First thank you the kudos 😄

I have my goggles for about a month now and I never tested the Gbps before.

I don't use the beta channel.

Good to know though that it seems it started with the 25 version and up and made it even worse.

It helps me to confirm what I was already suspecting.
Its definitely or must be a software problem, either with the Oculus software on pc or with the software on the headset itself.
Can't be the Link cable or it wouldn't be detected at all and like I've said I've tested with two of them.

Already mentioned this in the support ticket and now waiting for an answer.
Don't think they work during the weekends so expect an answer by Monday or at the least Tuesday.
As promised I will keep you guys updated.

g0dmak3r
Level 3

Same prob on z490 and usbc. I have a active usbc cable and getting really low speeds on the ASMedia 3241 port that should get the best speeds. I however get okay speeds on the front port that is intels chip I think.