cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Link doesn't working

tunichgut53
Honored Guest

I got my Qculus Quest 2 today and was really hyped about the Link feature. 

Unforunately it will not Work. Every time, when I start Link on the Quest 2, the Oculus Software on my PC loses the connection and restarts. 

I uses every USB-Port on my PC, restarted both the Quest 2 and my PC multiple times, reinstalled Oculus.

Nothing helped. 

GPU and USB drivers are up to date and my Vega 64 should be supported...

6 REPLIES 6

VRNightowl
Honored Guest

Just a couple of questions.  Where did you get the cable?  You confirmed when you go to device in the oculus app that your headset is there and has a green circle next to it (This should be green even if you do not try to link on the quest 2 menu)?  Did your windows 10 computer do any updates https://forums.oculusvr.com/t5/Oculus-Quest-2-and-Quest/Oculus-2-won-t-work-with-Link/td-p/853498   

tunichgut53
Honored Guest

I uses an USB C to USB A cable from Anker. Oculus find the usb 3.0 connection with 1.9gbs. 

Once I click on activiate link I get a notification: "Oculus not working properly". 

I try to uninstalled the last windows update, but it did not helped. 

tunichgut53
Honored Guest

Update: 

I had tried Oculus Link on my Backup Computer (RX480) with a fresh installed Windows 10 and it worked, so it must be possible. 

I decided to reinstall Windows 10 to my main computer and had high hopes that it will worke now... but I still get the same error...

VRNightowl
Honored Guest

Is the port you are using USB 3.  It may be that it is a USB 2 which does not supply enough power.  Is the port blue?  Also, when you go into device manager do you see USB root HUB (USB 3.0)?  What motherboard do you have?  I can look it up as well.  Did you install virtual desktop streamer app by chance?  I have had some issue with Microsoft Visual c++.

VRNightowl_0-1614962919426.png

VRNightowl
Honored Guest

Did you also install the latest graphics card drivers from their website?  I know you reinstalled you said but I was not sure if you manually downloaded the graphics drivers.  

tunichgut53
Honored Guest

I found a solution. 

The lastest graphic card drivers was the problem, I installed an older version and now I can use link.