cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Link keeps disconnecting

FireWorldJumpers
Honored Guest

Hey, 

Recently, I bought a Ryzen 5 5600x and then I tried to play a VR game. But, when I try to connect to the Oculus Link, it disconnect automaticly...

Please help me (I can take screenshots if you need some)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The fix has just been released, so the bios you updated may not even contain any fix. Check your motherboard's bios update webpage, look for text such as "improved USB device compatibility". My B550 MSI board just had this fix in a beta version BIOS about a week ago. Also keep in mind, the fix is not final, it may be improved later on, so check often.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

casheye086
Honored Guest

This sounds like the USB problem which AMD has officially confirmed. AMD chipsets have been reported to disconnect USB devices when one USB device is continuously using a lot of bandwidth, such as when using Oculus Link. The number of reports skyrocketed since Quest 2 launch, and AMD is working on a fix that likely involves a BIOS update.

FireWorldJumpers
Honored Guest

I already did the BIOS update and the chipset one too and it still doesn't work 😞

The fix has just been released, so the bios you updated may not even contain any fix. Check your motherboard's bios update webpage, look for text such as "improved USB device compatibility". My B550 MSI board just had this fix in a beta version BIOS about a week ago. Also keep in mind, the fix is not final, it may be improved later on, so check often.

That worked, tysm 😄