cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Link on my GTX 1050 2VRAM is a complete... success!!!? x_x'

Anonymous
Not applicable
So, I finally got my Quest 2 (48 hours late, fml...). I'm having a blast! I was so excited yesterday night I could barely sleep, like a kid before Christmas, lol.

After trying out the standalone features, I decided to give Link a go, without the slightest hope that it would work on my rig (laptop with i5-7300HQ and a GTX 1050 2GB VRAM). I expected Oculus to block me ("you don't have a powerful enough configuration blah blah blah"), but it didn't. I expected the games to lag as hell... but it didn't?!
Now of course, I haven't tried the most "graphics-heavy" games. I tried Windlands, Beat Saber, Virtual Desktop. These all work smoothly!

So I could try Link, and it was... blurry as hell >_<'. I had to tweak the settings a little (set the "quality mode" in the desktop app, and changed the Encode Width line to 4000 in the Debug tool). It's still a little blurry, clearly not the native clarity of the Quest 2 (which is jaw-dropping, for real), but it is already better than my Rift, and it's smooth!

Anyway, all that to say: if you have a """weak""" rig like mine, do try Link anyway. You could be surprised!
1 REPLY 1

Richooal
Consultant
It's witch craft .... don't trust it!
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.