cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Link problems

RobBobTheCornCo
Explorer
I have been trying to get link to work for the past 4 days and nothing. I have used 3 different cords and my current one is the Anker type c to usb 3.0 one of the ones recommended by oculus. I have done everything from opting in the beta and out of it, making sure everything is up to date, renaming the oculus headphones and microphone, making sure gpu drivers are up to date and windows itself.  Any time I click yes on the pop up in the headset I get the dots and then back to oculus home screen. Same thing when I judt click the oculus link button on the oculus home screen. I have had only one time it worked today and that was just when I turned my mic back on in the settings. I am out of options on what to do. My specs for my pc will be down below

I7 8750h
Gtx 1070 max-q
16gb ddr4 ram
500gb nvme ssd
7 REPLIES 7

wes_calderon
Honored Guest
i've had the exact same problem, I go to connect link and i get a prompt in the headset to do so, but then it just go's back to the home screen screen and the oculus software tells me a usb 3 connection is required? when ive seen people using the same (joto 10ft usb c to 3.0 usb a cable) ive fought back and forth with this for 2 days now, used 3 different cables and am quite over it. all of this oculus software is an absolute mess.. and i wish i would have never sold my htc vive, that i never once! had a single problem with! 

i5 7500 
gtx 1060 6 gb

Tagged: 

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hey @RobBobTheCornCob could you gather your logs and then create a ticket? We're more than happy to work with you on this issue. - Principe
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

RobBobTheCornCo
Explorer
@OculusSupport I have already made a ticket. Just waiting for a response.

Buck_Naked
Honored Guest
I had the same problem. You need to go into the exe file for the Oculus and change the last number to 2374 I believe. I'm away from my computer but will post details when I get back. Simple fix that should work 

Buck_Naked
Honored Guest
Go into OculusDebugTool.exe.
Change Encode Res width to I believe was 2784 or below.. Then restart the quest and everything should work. You can not set that number any higher 

RobBobTheCornCo
Explorer
@Buck_Naked mine is set to 0 is that to low or should it still work being at 0?

enigma01
Trustee

@Buck_Naked mine is set to 0 is that to low or should it still work being at 0?

0 is the default value, it should still work. If you’ve never changed these values, you shouldn’t need to amend them, if you’ve never changed them then that can’t be what’s causing you issues.