cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Link with cable

Centerlink
Honored Guest

Im trying to use Oculus link with a cable, it has prevously worked before but now isnt. when i plug the headset into my PC while on the connect your headset page, the continue box quickly flashes blue then blacks out again, so the PC is picking my headset up but the oculus app isnt detecting it? when i put the headset on i get the option to allow the PC access to the headset but that still does nothing. my PC detects the HMD but the Oculus aplication doesnt detect it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Centerlink
Honored Guest

i have fixed the problem thanks to Oculus support! you have to disable air link in both the headset and the Oculus software.

In the PC application, navigate to Settings → Beta in the PC app and disable the Air Link toggle. Then, put on your Quest 2 headset, navigate to Settings → Experimental, and disable Air Link.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello there, thanks for reaching out to us. We see that you are experiencing linking issues. We're here to help! If you haven't done so already, let's try rebooting your device. To do so, click here to follow the troubleshooting steps.

We can also try alternate USB ports for the Link cable, especially after removing any non-Oculus USB devices. Please see the instructions below:

1. Disable USB Selective Suspend Setting:
    1. right-click Start
    2. click Power Options
    3. click Additional Power Settings
    4. click Change plan settings
    5. click Change Advanced Power Settings
    6. find USB Settings
    7. make sure that Selective Suspend Setting is set to Disabled, not Enabled
  2. Ensure that USB power saving settings in Windows Device Manager are not enabled for your USB ports:
    1. right-click the Start button and open Device Manager
    2. find your USB ports
    3. right-click and select Properties
    4. go to Power Management
    5. make sure that options to save power are deselected (please note that it is normal that some of them will not have any checkbox for power saving settings).
  3. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the Oculus software through the add/remove programs

Let us know if this information was helpful. We look forward to hearing from you. 

Thanks! 🙂

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Yeah, getting the same issue here. Tried 2 different cables and 2 PCs. No longer getting the Link message pop up.

Have done steps 1 and 2, not 3 - hoping you can fix this via a software update.  

Will try my other Quest 2s on Monday.

Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

Centerlink
Honored Guest

i have fixed the problem thanks to Oculus support! you have to disable air link in both the headset and the Oculus software.

In the PC application, navigate to Settings → Beta in the PC app and disable the Air Link toggle. Then, put on your Quest 2 headset, navigate to Settings → Experimental, and disable Air Link.

Pixie40
Expert Trustee

Yeah, Air Link and Oculus Link are mutually exclusive for some reason. If Air Link is enabled in the headset or desktop (especially headset since the desktop disables Air Link if not used every day), then your Link cable can only be used for charging. Which is odd? I suppose there's a reason for this behavor, but I don't know what it is.

Lo, a quest! I seek the threads of my future in the seeds of the past.

Well, I'm sure this wasn't a thing about 2 weeks ago - I've been using Air Link and cabled since Air Link was introduced.

Thanks @Centerlink  👍

Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

Pixie40
Expert Trustee

It's been a thing since Air Link was introduced. I've always had to disable Air Link on both the headset and PC to use my Link Cable for more then just charging.

Lo, a quest! I seek the threads of my future in the seeds of the past.

Hey Centerlink, we are excited to hear that your matter has been resolved and we appreciate you sharing the knowledge to the community as well.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

emceeMC
Honored Guest

Yeah, I wish you could use cabled Link when Air Link is enabled

Thank youuuu!!! it took me forever to find the solution, really appreciate you ❤️

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?