cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Link?

grantasg
Honored Guest
I Have been trying to play link for a long time now. Whenever i open link on my quest, it shows the loading icon and kicks me back into the home!
Specs: 
Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce 820M 
RAM: 4 GB
if anyone knows the answer to this, please respond ASAP! 
7 REPLIES 7

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
820M is not supported at all - you need a much faster computer. Get RTX 2060 or better gpu. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

grantasg
Honored Guest
Damn. i really am on a budget so thats... sad 😞

grantasg
Honored Guest
Wait, is it possible to use the oculus quest on pc without link? because im doing a steamvr preformance test and its going quite smoothly

PITTCANNA
Visionary

grantasg said:

Wait, is it possible to use the oculus quest on pc without link? because im doing a steamvr preformance test and its going quite smoothly

That test is unrealistic.  It only renders for a vive index with no additional encoding, for transmission over link.

Since it appears to me you are on a laptop and upgrade may be out of the picture.

You could try to gamble with virtual desktop for the quest and sideload the steam vr patch.  But I don't think it will run.

grantasg
Honored Guest
ill try. i just wanna play minecraft in vr and i have to go through this

grantasg
Honored Guest
wait, could it work with alvr?

PITTCANNA
Visionary

grantasg said:

ill try. i just wanna play minecraft in vr and i have to go through this

What do you mean go through this?

The fact you don't have a laptop fully capable of pcvr, and you buy a standalone headset.

I doubt alvr will work.