cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest 2 Controller Tracking Issue

Bektorman
Honored Guest

Hello everybody.

I am experiencing issues with my new Oculus Quest 2. The controller tracking does not work.

I will try to explain the problem as best as possible. The rotation for the Oculus Touch controllers works perfectly, but the position of the controllers does not work at all. I will move the controllers around but they still appear to be in their initial position, and it will only update after a while, and then be stuck again.

I tried hand tracking, and it works very well, but the controllers don’t.

I have already tried a lot of things to fix the issue. I unpaired and re-paired the controllers through the app. I have restarted the headset several times. I have done a factory reset on the headset through the app. I have replaced the batteries on the controllers. I have charged my headset almost fully, since it came with low battery. I tested the cameras and they appear to be working well. I cleaned the cameras with microfiber cloth. All this to no avail and the issue still persists.

What could be the problem?

Is there anything I can do?

Best Regards, Viktor.

11 REPLIES 11

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
@viktortheboss  If you haven't already, please create a support ticket with us here and provide as much details as you can so we can better assist you. Thanks! - Clint
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

m1litantmind_tv
Honored Guest
I have this exact same issue. Can’t play anything rn...

ivapemandalay
Explorer
My problem is worst . The tracking is totally stop working even after the factory reset. RMA from my country will cost more than buying a new one . So i just keep looking for the solution everyday here 😞 

aguy10
Heroic Explorer

My problem is worst . The tracking is totally stop working even after the factory reset. RMA from my country will cost more than buying a new one . So i just keep looking for the solution everyday here 😞 

That sucks man I feel sorry for you. If there's ever a next time don't order directly from Oculus. Get it from a local store and pay for extended warranty so you can do exchanges very easily.

LittleSlimee28
Protege
I have this on  my Quest 1 ... played beat saber  now bad drift as well same props you ppl have. Waiting for oculus to get back intouch after loads of SUBMIT'D  suport forms and done all normal things pair after reset and Beemer bat. And full charge blah blah . Like as if i hadn't try'd all that ... tic tic still waiting.... T.B.C  let u no the outcome!  Of I ever get 1 ... 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Getting a lot of tracking issues with my right controller as well. Tried all the fixes. I hope Beat Saber and/or Oculus fix this. I put in support tickets with both companies.

Kanon_di_Gemini
Explorer
I have the same problem of viktortheboss. What can i do? Did you solve the problem?

Artwolfe_GamingYT
Honored Guest

this is probably a dumb question, but ill ask anyways. Have you tried changing the batteries? if the batteries are dead the controllers won't respond regardless of what you do.

jade8568
Protege

Same here. Mine is only 2 mnths old. As soon as the original batteries died...I bought 1.5v rechargeable (2 diff sets) and both work well for about an hour into beat saber, then tracking starts lagging...but it still says 100 %. I change the batteries & same thing.. only lasts about an hour .