cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest 2 Disables PowerBanks from charging the headset while playing.

dingofoxvrfox
Level 4
What the hell guys literally my powerbank that i have used for my oculus quest 1 no issues what so ever i cant use with the quest 2 because your quest 2 disables charging from my powerbank really im not going to apend 150.00 for a headset strap with your rigged battery inside it thats unfair and product rigging to your customers boooo you need to fix this garbage
22 REPLIES 22

Wardogc81
Level 4
I'm using one and it's working fine, at the beginning like you say it didn't charge unless the quest 2 was on standby or turned off but I did a full charge of the power bank and after that started to charge when playing, it's a quick charge 5v 3A 10,000 with usb c port and works perfectly fine 

dingofoxvrfox
Level 4
mine is a 5v 3a 20,000 mah and when connected fully charged brand new it charges says charging in dashboard then shuts off charging same usb c port and it just shuts it off every time no matter what. it will only charge if the headset is in standby mode only

dingofoxvrfox
Level 4
interresting the oculus 150.00 headset strap works while playing but the power banks wont and i didnt try just one powerbank i have 6 of them and they all meet the requirements and they all refuse to charge even the cheap junk one which i knew now way would charge the headset.

dingofoxvrfox
Level 4
weird as well i have tried the oculus Quest 2 charging cable same result the quest 1 charging cable with the quest 2 same result and a third party cable same result is there a fix what the heck is going on is this after the system update it does this or should i not have updated. im on version 21 still is there a update.

dingofoxvrfox
Level 4
pulled out a volt meter connected it to my powerbank and confirmed 5V 3A i have tried everything if this is going to be a problem then they should have debuged this headset to work with more power options because 2 hours in games isnt enough when you want to play moss and the game is longer then 2 hours lame this isnt fun at all

rtathegawd84
Level 4
I have seen a comment somewhere else that on Q2 it doesn't start Charging from a powerbank until it gets to 70-80% battery (can't remember the exact number but it was less than 80% I'm sure). Maybe try testing that?

asandj
Level 2
My elite strap battery stopped working today, headset does not detect it for some reason. Was working fine yesterday.... Not sure, might be v23 update?

dingofoxvrfox
Level 4
im not the only one having this issue a lot of people are reporting there headset batteries are not working hopefully they get this fixed

dingofoxvrfox
Level 4
i will run down the headset and see if it charges from the power bank